Swift, no surprise there

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Jslaven, Aug 8, 2020.

1. kidz bop

kidz bop Medium Load Member

Oct 5, 2017
    i can say that about any employer. it doesn't say much as a stand alone statement.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2020
    born&raisedintheusa Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Wasted Thyme

Wasted Thyme Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2020
    GOAT watching
    that is your result. Yes you're right for a lot it's not the place to stay. But many find a home there and liked it. I know several people on here that have been with the starter companies for their career and are happy there. It just depends on what's right for the person. Period.

4. kidz bop

kidz bop Medium Load Member

Oct 5, 2017
    i don't believe op's story

Last edited: Aug 9, 2020
  5. dieselpowered

dieselpowered Heavy Load Member

May 16, 2016
    I have been waiting on a load before for 3 days 90% I was in that cab with the Opti Idle never told a word, maybe I was lucky idk my driver manager and just about every person at Albuquerque, NM terminal there were all former drivers. They have great driver managers if you have a crappy one look at another terminal having a good driver manager can make all the difference. He knew me to the point we both don't put up with crap.

The load would get there on time and not early if not allowed otherwise early. Because I preplan as any decent driver should do. Instead, these people run there clocks down have no idea where they gonna hole up at and stranded on some ramp for a family possibly plow into because he or she can't be a decent driver more is expected of a commercial driver is my point the dumb person driving the van you should expect them to do stupid stuff.

As for the person who made this story you forgot some key details somewhere as to how you exactly you were fired even the bad ones in Lancaster don't give a crap you using opti idle as long your productive.
    those systems are already designed to knight-swift standards so this idle part I don't buy.

Lastly, I am not pro swift but I will tell it how it is there are a lot of companies better to start with then swift but there's also worse.

6. Frank Speak

Frank Speak Road Train Member

May 3, 2016
    Nope, I just spread my wings and dream of full moons and an endless supply of Kentuckians. That’s my undead Xanadu.

7. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    What they don’t realize is that some of the truck stops have closed off the drivers lounges because of COVID-19 and we’re also in the middle of the hottest part of the year.

Thank goodness my company has APUs on their trucks!

TB John Thanks this.
  8. Oakland Raiders Forever

Oakland Raiders Forever Medium Load Member

Feb 24, 2020
    Fired you ???
    How do you get fired from Swift ?!?!?!?!
    There is something else to this or the OP is just telling stories. You don’t get fired from Swift for idling your engine , especially for idling in the middle of summer.

9. dieselpowered

dieselpowered Heavy Load Member

May 16, 2016
    yup never been told a word about idling and I have idle for days but that was a terrible location to get out of that said never have they mentioned a word to me though normally was very productive hardest part was getting loads sometimes the areas they sent me like Florida now if a place has a no idle I don't care anymore if my company allows it will ignore without a care in the world beats being cooked because the gov said we can treat humans this way but not animals

Rctruck87 Thanks this.
  10. Wasted Thyme

Wasted Thyme Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2020
    GOAT watching
    OP only active 2 weeks and not back since posting this thread. Troll much. LOL

11. Atlanta trucker

Atlanta trucker Road Train Member

Jan 25, 2017
    I have had the OPPOSITE problem at certain companies ... I can’t get fired even when I tried to get fired. Werner was one of them. No matter what I did they would not fire me. It was brutal. Finally had to take there equipment to one of there terminals and go get a rental car. Load up my belongings into the rental car then make a break for it make a mad break for the fence no matter what it was going to take I was going to breath the sweet air of freedom once again. The sweet sweet air of freedom. It was rough and tuff and it took all my might but I finally was able to break free.

truckguy391 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.