Terrible TA Rawlins

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by trucknguy, Oct 26, 2020.

1. trucknguy

trucknguy Medium Load Member

Mar 19, 2015
    West coast
    Been in Rawlins for about 40 hours, time to go to work. I am unable to move because of the complete lack of management here. There are trucks parked at every angle and even pulled through the fuel island the wrong way. Eastbound is closed, and every time, instead of having a couple employees out helping, guys get stuck because the are inexperienced. I can’t get to a fuel pump to buy fuel, but they just shrug and say “that’s winter”

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    That TA was AWESOME when it had the buffet. I mean it was an awesome buffet.

Probably lost too much money when everyone got stuck there.

There are many times in life one needs to plan an exit strategy.

Especially in the winter in WHY-OH-MING. Perhaps some people need to sharpen their's?

4. jason6541

jason6541 Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Omaha, NE
    People of Wyoming have very little sympathy for un prepared drivers in winter. Use to run Across that state twice a week for 10 years. A lot of truck drivers shouldn’t be in that state during good weather let alone during inclement weather. But yeah the T/A can get bad in Rawlings. unfortunately the state shuts it down at the drop of a hat because of the steering wheel holders that are so prevalent in the industry these days. Tired of 100+ vehicle pile ups mainly the trucks.

5. mitmaks

mitmaks Road Train Member

May 16, 2014
    I was stuck there 4 days last winter after petro in laramie broke my truck. God #### wyoming

6. Deadwood

Deadwood Heavy Load Member

Dec 24, 2016
    I remember getting stuck there when wind chills got down to -55 degrees F ten years ago.
    40 MPH wind gusts made it feel like you were walking on the surface of another planet.

7. BackwoodsGA

BackwoodsGA Road Train Member

Mar 18, 2012
    Elgin Nd
    Bout usual.

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  8. Flat Earth Trucker

Flat Earth Trucker Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2018
    Ate there many times. Was there again several days ago. Parking lot was very slippery.
    Restaurant open until 8pm. I arrived at 8:09 pm. :oops:

9. Anonymousproxy

Anonymousproxy Road Train Member

Mar 2, 2015
    One time I stopped there for the night on a beer run from bend, OR to Chicago. When I parked the weather was still nice, about 40, chilly but not bad. The weather forecast was calling for a dusting to and inch of snow.... WRONG. I woke up the next morning to a #### storm. The lot was packed like a sardine can, and the idiots in the fed ex trucks were stuck all over the place so bad they had to chain up just to get out of the lot. It was bad between there and Laramie but was improving as I got past elk mountain and once I got past Cheyenne it was good again. That has to be the most miserable state in the western US.

Cat sdp, D.Tibbitt and Dave_in_AZ Thank this.
  10. striker

striker Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Denver, Co
    Wyoming, where we separate the truckers from the steering wheel holders, and the steering wheel holders from their trucks.

11. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    Well put sir.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.