toll question

Discussion in 'TWT' started by randomname, Apr 22, 2015.

1. randomname

randomname Light Load Member

Jul 13, 2014
    I just started with System on the Texas regional a few weeks ago. For you guys that drive trough here a lot, does the EZ Pass cover the smaller toll roads in TX? I assume it does, as the company routed me on 121 in DFW yesterday, though I didn't take it. Further, do those toll stations even recognize our out of state plates?
    Thanks!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. randomname

Jul 13, 2014
    Crap, I don't think twt runs TX. Maybe anotger system guy will chime in.

4. Dna Mach

Dna Mach Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    No EZpass does not work in Texas. You either need a TxTag or you will billed off your license plate under the program called ZipCash. They mail a bill to the vehicle owner and charge a significantly higher rate.

They will either get you a TxTag or pay the higher rate through the mail. If they tell you to dodge them find a new employer. The customer is paying these tolls and you can't get anywhere in DFW, efficiently and easily, in a commercial vehicle without riding the toll roads. Houston is slightly better for missing the tolls and the Austin by-pass is mandatory.

randomname and NavigatorWife Thank this.
  5. mitmaks

mitmaks Road Train Member

May 16, 2014
    EZ pass is only for eastern states, ie Indiana, Illinois, PA, Ohio, etc. All other states you pay cash and then get reimbursed.
    I know Colorado has toll road and it uses license plate toll readers.

V c2c Thanks this.
  6. randomname

Jul 13, 2014
  7. icsheeple

icsheeple Trailing the Herd

Nov 1, 2013
    Kansas City, KS
    I'm not a 100% but I think the pikepass for OK is good in KS and TX. I know its good in KS, but I heard its good in TX too. After confirming that the pike pass for OK works in TX, it would be the best one to get for those three states. I got the KS KTag because it was free, but I haven't checked if its good in OK and TX yet. I figure I'll go through the anguish of googling it once I'm about to take the onramp for a OK or TX toll, lol.

I like the KS KTag. It is one buck less per toll, and totals up an entire month then bills your credit card on file for the whole months usage. Saves time and I hate totaling up all those little receipts.

8. Dna Mach

Dna Mach Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    Yes Ktag works in Oklahoma.

icsheeple Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.