trailer washout

Discussion in 'Refrigerated Trucking Forum' started by rollin coal, Mar 8, 2017.

1. LandslideRich

LandslideRich Light Load Member

Jan 13, 2017
    Charlotte, NC
    Not only cost, but the pain in the ### of finding one. But yes, the cost not only of the wash itself, but the time/miles to get to a washout needs to start being built into every reefer load. Or perhaps having washouts at the shipper like they do at some produce sheds.

rollin coal Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Kenworth 4life

Kenworth 4life Medium Load Member

Feb 16, 2017
    Augusta, Maine
    26812101_400x400.jpg buy one of these! And keep it on the truck! 200 bucks holds 25 gallons of water which I fill up at almost and place I go to with a hose I also have in the truck works off 12volts!

slow.rider, RubyEagle and scottied67 Thank this.
  4. BQ Truck Driver

BQ Truck Driver Light Load Member

Mar 10, 2017
    I run these sorts of loads all the time, as I pull a reefer trailer, 9 times out of 10, they just check that trailer is free of dirt and debris. When they do require a receipt, I use a washout or if there is smell. Some places also have their own washout that they use regardless if you already washed it out or not. Often times a sweep with a broom does the trick, particularly in a pinch.

slow.rider Thanks this.
  5. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    Enjoy it while you can, next month the new reefer food regs rules come out. Better off getting a washout every time after empty.

Kenworth 4life Thanks this.
  6. Aradrox

Aradrox Heavy Load Member

Jan 21, 2016
    There is it's called google

Al. Roper Thanks this.
  7. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    Well Mr Wise ### if you read the entire thread I pointed out how easy it is to find a Blue Beacon using google. But a Blue Beacon is not on every corner out here and usually located too far away from me when I need them. Try googling independent truck washes when you're in some Anywhere BFE, USA location and you will quickly discover how USELESS Google is....

8. Bigrayon

Bigrayon Road Train Member

Aug 16, 2015
    Big blue app

rollin coal Thanks this.
  9. Aradrox

Aradrox Heavy Load Member

Jan 21, 2016
    Found them all the time with Google when a ran reefer... Now I do dry van and a broom is usually enough lol... Leave the independent out and instead search for truck wash... They all do washouts aswell... Maybe it helps I have a bit of web design experience in choosing the right keywords to find what I want to find

slow.rider Thanks this.
  10. Joe Dan

Joe Dan Bobtail Member

Apr 3, 2016
    Denton Texas
    In a pinch.....I have had success in past to find a car lot in area because they usually have a mobile car wash come rinse new vehicles off. Usually plenty room and they will wash out trailer for a little cash, have also just called a mobile wash and they will come to you and wash out.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.