Truck abandonment

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Dani1!, May 7, 2020.

1. dieselpowered

dieselpowered Heavy Load Member

May 16, 2016
    Maybe because no one offers free breakfast anymore. Thats okay more steak and eggs for me.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Snow Hater

Snow Hater Medium Load Member

Dec 26, 2019
    As an old fart, to me it looks like one of the new generation that have never had to take responsibility for themselves. From kindergarten to now they are not held accountable for their actions. Now they find the real world has teeth and the OP got bit. Hope he at least learns some manners.

4. Truckers Report Jobs

5. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    Thank you, there you have it. I'm positive we're not hearing the whole story here. Years ago, you did what you were told, for a couple days, anyways. The way the world is today, I bet this person didn't learn a thing.

6. KaoMinerva

KaoMinerva Transcendent God

Feb 5, 2016
    I'd have to argue the XX chromosome holders are the true beings who lack any kind of accountability in this day.

Blackjack55, D.Tibbitt and JohnBoy Thank this.
  7. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    Go home and hide under the bed!

wore out, Dave_in_AZ, 201 and 2 others Thank this.
  8. Frank Speak

Frank Speak Road Train Member

May 3, 2016
    Meh, could be worse. I had a most disturbing nightmare last night. All Kentuckians were ordered to shelter on a planet 10,000 light years away and I was told it would take me 50,000 light years to get there.

Last edited: May 8, 2020
    D.Tibbitt, stuckinthemud and Lonesome Thank this.
  9. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    Yes.

blairandgretchen Thanks this.
  10. gpf87

gpf87 Heavy Load Member

Feb 2, 2017
    You can dispute DAC/ Hireright . Covenant put some incorrect info on my DAC report and I disputed it .

It took about 3 months to update and the next company hired me anyway because I had all my proof of the incorrect info reported .

First you should request a copy (it's free) to see what's actually on it .. I got mine about 4 days after I requested it via encrypted email

Here is the link
    How Do I Request a Copy of My DAC Report? | HireRight

11. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    That's horrific, Frank! I'll bet it took a couple of glasses of A+ just to get you calmed down.

Bean Jr. and Frank Speak Thank this.
  12. Cattleman84

Cattleman84 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2017
    The Sticks, Idaho
    Trucking isn't an 8 to 5 job... You cant just walk out anytime you want and not expect repercussions. You did the training, then you ACCEPTED A DISPATCH. You then FAILED TO COMPLETE SAID DISPATCH... Therefor, you ABANDONED THE LOAD, and left the company with a mess to figure out last minute.

Bottom line, you F.U.B.R. big time.

D.Tibbitt, nredfor88 and drvrtech77 Thank this.
  13. nredfor88

nredfor88 Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2019
    USA
    To the OP if you are reading this thread. There is a life lesson to be learned from your actions. This isn’t just about that one job and how it ended. This is really about how you conduct yourself.

Ask yourself if what you did was the stand up way of leaving or if it was a bit douche bag. And then was the outcome really something other than expected. Seriously, if you reflect on that, and learn, it may help you in life.

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs