Weird Question...

Discussion in 'Con-Way' started by SMIDAK, May 15, 2015.

1. SMIDAK

SMIDAK Bobtail Member

Dec 7, 2014
    I am thinking of going to work for conway within the next 9 months. Everything I read and everyone I talk to sounds positive... sounds like a darn good company.

I currently have a 3.1 cu ft Hamilton Beach fridge in my Pete 579 that, in order to fit, the shop had to remove the lower driver side closet/cabinet. It is on the large side for a truckers fridge but my fiancee and I pretty much live out of our rig and we need the space.
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/Hamilton-Beach-3.1-cu-ft-VCM-Double-Door-Refrigerator-Black/35435675

So... my question...
    Would this kind of fridge fit in one of your KWs and if so, how likely is it that a shop would remove a plastic cabinet if needed? Has anyone heard of this happening?
    Dimensions: 21.1"L x 19.13"W x 32.87"H

Thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. blairandgretchen

blairandgretchen Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    You can only ask . . . I'd ask to talk to the shop, give them a quick run down, and see if it'll fly.

4. RoadRooster

RoadRooster Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Fort Myers, Florida
    Seems like I spent my whole first winter driving up north of I 90! My first truck was a KW T600...yup...a red one.

Had to buy my own inverter for the microwave and coffee port, the shop installed it for me. For refrigeration, a Coleman 12V cooler and that handy dandy chain locker bolted to my frame. It was so cold that winter, I could buy a months worth of meat and it stayed frozen in the chain locker till I was ready for it...

Don't know the answer to the original question...

Trick or Treat Thanks this.
  5. CargoWahgo

CargoWahgo Road Train Member

Jan 10, 2012
    Louisville, Kentucky
    My red truck already had the cables hanging out chopped up but still connected to where the went.

Took off step and threw my inverter behind the seat flat on the floor. :)

####### at the dealer stuck it on wrong and hooked it to just one battery when I had the batteries replaced. Be careful when you come out one. Check the work.

Inverters are like 60% of what they cost back then. Hell harbor freight gives em out for free with $25 purchase!

6. Salad

Salad Medium Load Member

Mar 1, 2015
    It depends on how much of a modification it will actually be. I have had them take cupboards off, shelves out etc. But sometimes the trucks are different, depending on the features or bunk layout. I asked to have the doors taken off my cupboards in my international and they wouldn't because of how they are attached, it would make it very hard to reattach.

Also you might not get a kenworth, you might end up with a prostar.

If you're coming on as a Team, strong chance to get a Kenworth t680 or a Cascadia Evo. If you're lucky you'll get a volvo

7. Swampdog

Swampdog Bobtail Member

Oct 5, 2013
    Sonora, CA
    Ughh hate the Volvo's

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.