Werner Trailers

Discussion in 'Werner' started by Petty Cash, Mar 8, 2018.

1. Petty Cash

Petty Cash Bobtail Member

Jan 12, 2013
    I’ve of course heard Werner’s reputation on their trailer conditions, but I’ve also heard that they improved a bit on their maintenance in the last ten years or so.

What I’d like to ask those of you that pull these trailers daily and recently, what sort of shape are the oldest ones in as far as begging for violations? I have my fair share of experience with 10+ year old neglected trailers, and don’t expect something brand new, but I also don’t care for something that’s on the ragged edge of legal, compliant, and watertight. My searches have led to largely older information, and I have asked a former Werner driver I know, but he hasn’t driven for them in probably better than five years.

The reason I ask is because I currently run flatbed, but am working with a possible customer that requires a van. I would like to minimize my expenditure until I know better how things are going to work out with the account, but I also don’t want to walk into a massive headache over a few thousand dollars, especially when the other trailers I’m looking at are air ride with air actuated slider pins.

Anyways, I welcome and appreciate any input you can provide.
Draft saved Draft deleted