What do you prefer

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Arizona Man, Mar 18, 2018.

1. Arizona Man

Arizona Man Bobtail Member

Mar 9, 2018
    What do you think is the all around better truck Freightliner ,Volvo or International ? I'm talking about the motor on upgrades and downgrades ,automatic or manual , gas mileage and what about the sleeper cab.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. I glide 47

I glide 47 Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2017
    That is a can of worms

QuietStorm, Woodys, Dan.S and 6 others Thank this.
  4. Farmerbob1

Farmerbob1 Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2017
    I'm not sure you understand trucks very well. I'm no expert on motors and transmissions, but I am fairly sure that most truck manufacturers can install any major manufacturer's motor and transmission in a truck.

The main differences between trucks of the same class are cosmetic or comfort related.

I have driven mostly Freightliners and Kenworths. Freightliner storage space seems better to me, especially near the driver's seat, but the desk in a Freightliner is a horrible, cheap thing compared to the nice Kenworth desk.

Kenworth has a shelf that is actually big enough to put a 700 watt microwave in, and secure it. Freightliner shelving is too small for any microwave I have ever found.

But, that said, sleeper cab furniture can be modified fairly significantly. It might be possible to replace a standard Freightliner shelf module with one that will fit a small microwave.

The question is very complex, and I am afraid it really cannot be answered.on such a broad scale. A more focused request would be more likely to get responses.

Dan.S, stwik, LGarrison and 1 other person Thank this.
  5. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    You can take International off the list entirely. The only thing they're good for in general is boat anchors, they're junk, from the suspension up.

6. Misesian

Misesian Road Train Member

May 21, 2014
    Nothwest Arkansas
    I’m driving a new International LT with their new A26 motor and it’s doing fantastic. The answer to your question depends on what your purpose for the truck will be.
    Freightliner has the best integrated package out there. The truck, motor, Trans, axles, and even the APU is all Daimler, if you want it to be.
    Mack and Volvo are pretty close.
    International had it pretty rough for awhile but this new LT and their new motor are nothing like their old stuff and the former executive team is all gone over the Maxxforce mistake.
    I’m not a fan of Paccar products. I rate them very low.

Trucker61016 and Friend Thank this.
  7. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    You guys and your which is better stuff ....

Here is the facts ....

Read it carefully ...

They

Are

All

The

Same.

There is no right engine, no right truck body, no right drive trains.

Everyone has a different opinion, every driver has their favorite truck because mythical ideals of the road.

But in truth they are all the same.

They all have problems.

They all have dealers who suck.

They all are built the exact same way with the same exact materials but just look different.

Dan.S, Trucker61016, nax and 1 other person Thank this.
  8. thelushlarry

thelushlarry Road Train Member

Jan 9, 2012
    glasgow ky
    You can not get five truck drivers to agree on the time of day let alone which truck is the best!

QuietStorm and SingingWolf Thank this.
  9. spindrift

spindrift Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2014
    Texas
    At least we can agree that a Cummins is the best engine.

QuietStorm Thanks this.
  10. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    Ah I see what you did there ... slick.

11. AZ Pete

AZ Pete Medium Load Member

Dec 27, 2017
    D. None of the above.

Tall Mike Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.