What if it Snows?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Dave_in_AZ, Mar 19, 2018.

1. SoulScream84

SoulScream84 Road Train Member

Mar 21, 2020
    The Neil deGrasse Tyson episode is one of my favorites beside Stone Cold and Undertaker.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    I see the key component is "heavy rainfall."

So it's heavy rainfall caused by drought?

4. Judge

Judge Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Arkansas
    • A man goes to hell and the devil greets him. He takes him to a hallway which has three different doors and tell the man he'll have to choose one room to spend the rest of eternity in.
      So he takes him to the first door and he opens it and sees everyone standing on their heads on wooden floors. The man thought that would be pretty terrible to spend the rest of eternity on his head on such a hard floor and asked the devil to show him the second door.

Everyone in the second room was standing on their heads on concrete. The man thought that was even worse to spend the rest of eternity on his head on an even harder floor.

Finally the devil takes him to the third door and in that room everyone is up to their knees in dog crap and drinking coffee. The man thought that was pretty bad, but at least they could drink coffee so he told the devil he chose the third room to spend the rest of eternity in. So the man, up to his knees in dog crap, drank coffee for a few minutes. Then the devil came back into the room and said "Coffee break is over. Back on your heads."

The moral of this story, as I see it, the grass is not always greener, sometimes you gotta stand on your head to succeed.

5. Judge

Judge Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Arkansas
    The real Lordi...

6. lovesthedrive

lovesthedrive R.I.P.

Nov 11, 2008
    Sorrento Maine
    Shame on you. What is this rain you keep speaking of? We all know we are suppsed to say it tained.

now back to the regular broadcast

SAVAGE!

7. Dale thompson

Dale thompson Road Train Member

Nov 20, 2013
    commerce twp,mi
    I was watching the weather channel this morning. There was a segment about saving water and I thought saving for what? I’m left wondering if many people understand the concept of worlds water supply is a constant meaning there is the same amount of water in the world since time began.

8. 77fib77

77fib77 Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2010
    St Louis
    IMG_20210801_085915742.jpg

Make containers tropical.

IMG_20210729_065307358.jpg

Bud A., Speed_Drums, InTooDeep and 7 others Thank this.
  9. lovesthedrive

lovesthedrive R.I.P.

Nov 11, 2008
    Sorrento Maine
    I worked in a tire shop. There was an elderly lady that came in wanting... Get this... "New air in my tires, I dont want any of the old stuff". Seriously lady. The air is as old as the planet. Yup some people have no idea.

homeskillet, dwells40, Bud A. and 10 others Thank this.
  10. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    At the TA getting tires. Had one, I picked up for now,$100, bought another. Almost new Bridgestone steer. $209. Couldn’t pass it up. We shall see. Not going next winter with steers on Drives again. Maybe front axle, but rear has to have Drives. By then 4 new maybe. Meanwhile I’ll run out the steers. Probably end up with 1 good steer as a spare, mounted on a rim. Worst case I’ll change one myself, if needed.

11. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    I'm getting loaded way early for our return to the most awesomest state.

Still can't drive for another hour.

We all know according to the doctrine of The Opus Dicta you can get loaded early at the shipper. You cannot get loaded early at the truck stop.

homeskillet, dwells40, Bud A. and 9 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.