Z-Transportation, inc.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by OldHandOut, Oct 23, 2018.

1. OldHandOut

OldHandOut Bobtail Member

Nov 14, 2016
    Lake City, FL
    WHAT THEY ADVERTISE:
    REGIONAL AND OTR
    - ****$0.60 cents per mile for start****
    - Drivers don't touch the freight
    - Detention pay
    - Layover pay
    - Safety bonus included
    - Clean DOT Inspection $300 Bonus
    - Regional or O.T.R
    - One of the newest fleets in the industry
    - Long, dependable miles, adding consistency and reliability to your paycheck
    - Variety of home time options to fit your needs
    - Friendly Dispatch
    - Direct deposit available
    - Cash advance daily
    - Rider policy
    - Pets friendly

WHAT THEY ACTUALLY DO:
    .60 cpm ONE WAY and Only IF you drive a OLD nasty truck... NOT the new pretty ones they advertise.
    Bait & Switch - Smoke & Mirrors - False Advertising... partial truths... catch 22's
    Experience is not the base of pay rate like anywhere else.
    What you are willing to drive is - at this company.

IF you have a few years experience and want a new truck, then the most they will pay you is .55cpm after going back and forth fighting for it. - They gave me a Volvo VNL860... There is only ONE Globetrotter in the fleet so don't expect one like shown.
    ALL of their trucks have the Lane Departure and Following Distance / Collision Avoidance systems.​

• They do NOT operate like Any other company you have ever worked for! - Pure chaos, unorganized, backwards, unproductive / time killing and shady!
    • They do NOT pay Empty / Deadhead Miles!! - This is why they advertise .60cpm
    • They will have you sign all kinds of shady papers that will cost You money and you will not get a copy of.
    • YOU are responsible for their $3000 insurance deductible for any accidents - truck damage.
    • You will be charged $3.00 a mile for out of route miles.
    • 1099 - They do not have a payroll company or handle taxes.
    • No real Orientation; Their orientation consists of filling out an application, signing paperwork, handing you the key and a load. You are out the door on the same or next day depending on what time you arrive.
    • They only use omnitracs for ELD / AOBRD - ALL communication is handled via Text messages to your phone... with Wrong addresses, Pickup, delivery and load numbers - IF you get all of them to begin with.
    • They waste a lot of your time with bogus information, tracking them down, not answering you and claiming that there is a problem with the network, which is the same excuse they give you for not using omnitracs to dispatch you.
    • They ask that you do NOT involve the police for anything unless it's a major crash with injuries or towed vehicles.
    • You will be lucky to do 1000 miles a week.
    • Most runs are right at 500 miles and waste a LOT of time on both ends. You will never see 3000 miles a week. One driver I spoke with said he saw over 2500 miles ONCE in a year's time.
    • I live in the south, Regional my Butt!! - Their Region Only! I was kept on a NE to Midwest region.. MD/PA to IL/MO and back - ONLY. - Far away from home and their terminal.
    • More miles means more money for everyone, yet they only book short hauls and waste tons of Your time. You will be sitting frequently, especially over weekends.
    • They try to manage your HOS for you and screw them up royally!! - Sorry but my HOS is MY Time and My Responsibility! Let me manage my time so I can run recap non-stop! - No Dice! They will hose your HOS clock every week.
    • Like many other companies that screw us... Mileage is Zip code to zip code. (and Don't forget, with this company you are Only paid for One-Way - [Loaded].)
    • They do NOT offer settlement sheets or pay stubs with direct-deposit to explain what they are paying or not paying you for.
    • You are kept in the dark with all matters including loads...
    • They do not give you broker, shipper or receiver phone numbers by default. - You have to ask with every load and even then it's like pulling teeth. - Need to know if there is overnight parking or need directions? Good Luck! They screw up your load and P/U number and you want to talk directly with the originating broker? Good Luck!
    • All freight is brokered through third parties and is LIVE load / unloading.
    • They do Not have any dedicated customers - NO Drop & Hook - You are married to One truck & Trailer.
    • Trailers are run down and they refuse to repair them out on the road unless it actually blows a tire or is put out of service.
    • You will be held prisoner to your truck, they will rarely route you near their terminal because they know you will jump out and fly home at the first opportunity (Like I did) since you Must return their equipment to their terminal After a 2 week Notice. I gave mine within the 1st week, that's how bad they are.
    • Then on the way to the airport in a uber ride, they call and tell me I was randomly selected for a drug test! Really? I have a 2 hour window to make it through the TSA security checkpoint in Newark NJ and you want to send me to a Lab?!! NOW?!! - I just took a test for you 3 weeks prior to getting the effing job. - Pound sand!
    • Better not arrive broke like I did if you want to jump ship right off the bat after seeing what you got yourself into! - They fly you in on the cheapest multi-plane flight with huge layovers between flights. (mine 6 hours in Charlotte from Jacksonville to Newark NJ, 8 hours total time - for a flight that normally takes less than 2 hours direct.)
      • You have to pay for your baggage $40 plus $30 for each additional.
      • The flight cost them $150
      • My return flight including an uber ride from Wayne to Newark and baggage cost me $417.30.
    • They have a bunch of YouTube driver interview videos and a great / enticing website... ALL of which Mislead you into believing that this company is great and something other than what it really is. Once you see their office / excuse for a terminal you Will Know it's all B.S. - I don't think that recruiter (Devon?) even works there anymore.
      • The old cliche is spot on here folks... If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is!
    • I needed 3 more straps for one shipper since my truck only came with one (and they won't give or tell you anything up front in their joke of an "orientation").
      • I texted, I called, 3 hours later I get an idiot on the phone who wants to bicker over $19.99 a strap at a T/A 5 miles from the shipper.
      • Wouldn't buy 3 and asked why I didn't pick up straps before I left my first day. (Duh, Nobody explained anything to me since y'all were in such a hurry for me to jump in a truck and leave!)
      • He asked me to go find a Harbor freight store to buy straps - On MY time after I already loaded and needed to be headed to my drop! -- Really? -- You want to waste my time to find a Harbor Freight to save you a few dollars? -- You do realize I am driving a 70 foot long truck right? -- And when was the last time you saw a HF with a dock or truck parking? -- Eff You Buddy! Cough up the dough! - To which he only authorized a WEX/EFS check for an exact amount for 2 straps paid directly to T/A.
    • Transflo - At truckstops Only. They do Not use the app.
      • They expect You to Mail in all hard copies at Your expense.
      • They do not offer you a Fed-Ex, UPS, USPS, TripPak or any other courier account to do so, like any other trucking company that has their stuff together does.
    • Forget uniform Z-Trans Trip Numbers because there aren't any.
      • Every other company has their own trip numbers to track their loads, NOT Z-Trans!
      • You will get crazy numbers from the 3rd party brokers they use and "Accounting" will lose your BOL's because of this. - Payroll issues!
    • FleetOne Fuel Card: Must be Shared by other trucks in fleet since CAT Weigh My Truck app Refused the card and instructed me to contact my fleet manager.
      • Card does work with the MyPilot app though.
      • Love's is not an option. Transactions are refused for insufficient funds.
    • Going where they tell you... another instance that Had to be picked up with no time to spare before the shipper closed... I was at the address I was given 10 minutes early. - An old YRC terminal that ESTES took over. Supposedly there was another private firm there who brokered and had the freight waiting... yep, there was another company sharing dock space but neither ESTES or them knew anything of the freight, load number or P/U numbers I was given.
      Driving and walking all over the terminal back and forth to try and sort this dilemma out to no avail I finally got ahold of someone at Z an hour later... "You are at the wrong address" he said trying to blame me...
      I am at the address you gave me! -- Mind you the correct address I was finally given has now closed for the day. - Another 15 hours wasted.
    • Every Load is like this! Something is always screwed up by them and wasting your time.
    • Z must stand for ZOO people!!
    • STAY FAR, FAR AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY OR YOU WILL RUE THE DAY!!

Last edited: Oct 23, 2018
    Reason for edit: Add info
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Veteran driver

Veteran driver Medium Load Member

Aug 24, 2010
    De Moines. IA
    I sure hope they see this. Nothing I hate more than a bottom feeder pretending to be a good company. Hopefully they’ll go out of business

snowlauncher Thanks this.
  4. SoCalRed

SoCalRed Medium Load Member

Feb 7, 2017
    CA
    Stay away from any 1099 company period.

5. Anonymousproxy

Anonymousproxy Road Train Member

Mar 2, 2015
    Where are they based out of? Sounds like one of the many Russian owned POS hole in the wall Chicago/ California/st Louis based bottom feeder outfits.

ChicagoTrucker! Thanks this.
  6. Stinky Dairy Air

Stinky Dairy Air Light Load Member

Apr 18, 2014
    Midwest
    He could be Russian but not sure?
    Trajce Ristovski, Owner

Z Transportation INC
    Wayne, NJ

Anonymousproxy Thanks this.
  7. jon69

jon69 Medium Load Member

Jun 19, 2018
    This is the company whos owner threatened a Drivers wife and kids.

Look for the other Z Transportation thread on here about 2 months ago.

mjd4277 Thanks this.
  8. Stinky Dairy Air

Apr 18, 2014
    Midwest
    I believe I found that post from the other thread.....

ldentrucker252
    Bobtail Member

They are owned by a Russian that will peraonally call you if you have any issues (like being late due to traffic or to no fault of your own) any he will threaten to harm you or your family!!!! I actually filed a police report and he was arrested because I had recorded the conversation. Really bad people!!! I worked there for 2 weeks. After he threatened me and my family...I packed my things and left their truck and a full load at a TA in Illinois and flew back home!

Need4Speed and Nathanos Thank this.
  9. Stinky Dairy Air

Apr 18, 2014
    Midwest
  10. GreenPete359

GreenPete359 Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2017
    Driving my recliner
    @OldHandOut why on Gods green earth did you fight for 55.cpm? If everything you say is true, by the point of arguing over money i’d of been 1/2 way home already.

Seriously bub, a couple years experience and you are willing to sign your life away.

These company’s prey on suckers. I get the felling they succeeded.

Aamcotrans Thanks this.
  11. Frank Speak

Frank Speak Road Train Member

May 3, 2016
    Off with their heads!

Lonesome Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.