Another Millis' Hand

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Farmer54, Sep 23, 2017.

1. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    Subscribed, good luck with your adventure!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Waterboy334

Waterboy334 Light Load Member

Sep 2, 2017
    Subscribed. Love the Millis threads. I'm actually trying to get my P&Q's together to go to Millis.

4. Farmer54

Farmer54 Heavy Load Member

May 23, 2012
    West Bend, WI USA
    One of the old hands on Daddy's farm used to say, "ain't nuttin to it but to do it". Sure miss Mr Otis and his tales. For real though @Waterboy334 do it man. You won't regret it as there are a great buncha folks that work here.

Waterboy334 Thanks this.
  5. Farmer54

May 23, 2012
    West Bend, WI USA
    Well, I didn't reload in Niagra Falls like I thought I would. Got unloaded about 0930 at NAB and put in my call for dispatch while sat in front of garage 262. Now some of you know, it can get pretty tight in those garages especially if you have to stick a trailer in between 2 others and one of 'em has a tractor hooked to it.

Thinking I'm gonna have an easy reload in Niagra Falls, nope,,,, you have 4 messages waiting. Reload Lexington St WHSE. Called the shipping clerk and he told me to go wait in the holding lot,,,, no sooner than I set the brakes shipping called. Back into door 82. ARGH! I had just pulled out of 83, slid the tandems up and deployed the tails! I cussed and fussed a little bit and went back to work.

So here I sit in Conneaut, OH at Loves. Filled fuel but no DEF pumps are working. No biggie,,, got half tank. Man, this place is like a racetrack. I wonder if these kids flying around the truck stops think they're saving on their hours.

Shock Therapy and Lonesome Thank this.
  6. Suspect Zero

Suspect Zero Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2016
    Burbank, IL
    Truckstop parking lots are the proving grounds for NASCAR :(

7. JOHNQPUBLIC

JOHNQPUBLIC Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2014
    Central New York
    More like "Dis"approving grounds.

Suspect Zero Thanks this.
  8. JOHNQPUBLIC

JOHNQPUBLIC Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2014
    Central New York
    Yeah they're saving big time on their hours, probably at least 2 or 3 seconds.

MACK E-6, Farmer54 and Shock Therapy Thank this.
  9. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    ...Which they lose when they hit the jake brake while bobtailing.

Ssand Man, Farmer54 and JOHNQPUBLIC Thank this.
  10. keen98

keen98 Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2014
    Man, I used to love delivering to NAB in Rochester, because the old guard shack turned cafe had some good breakfast....cant believe it closed now itd make NAB not worth it lol.

11. Farmer54

May 23, 2012
    West Bend, WI USA
    Pulled into the Petro at Greensburg, IN late yesterday afternoon. I don't normally do tstops but I've been eating out of the truck for the last week and just wanted a hot sit down meal. Man, I waddled back out to the truck.

Taking a whole day off Saturday,,, lol, by my choosing I just stay out here, don't really want to go home, my truck is my home. Anyway, getting my 2014 Explorer Sport back Sat. Loaned it to a friend to help her and me through some tough times. Things are much better now so hopefully things are starting to return to normal.
    Enough of that boring stuff,,,,,

Thought of the day,,, I've always been self conscience of my appearance but waking up this morning getting ready to get my coffee, I saw Sasquatch walking across the lot. I thought screw it, I ain't combing my hair so I slammed on a ball cap and proceeded to get my coffee. Came back to the truck, washed my face, brushed my teeth and combed my hair. Wally World ain't got squat on a truck stop parking lot.

Airmech and Lonesome Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.