Another Millis' Hand

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Farmer54, Sep 23, 2017.

1. Farmer54

Farmer54 Heavy Load Member

May 23, 2012
    West Bend, WI USA
    I'm in Memphis tonight but I have that little problem taken care of. Made it here with 47 minutes left on my drive clock. I can unload, reload and leave with an almost full clock in the morning. Yowza!

Time to fix some supper and fire up the Xbox.

Waterboy334 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JOHNQPUBLIC

JOHNQPUBLIC Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2014
    Central New York
    Yeah being able to stay in their parking lots is very helpful.

Farmer54 Thanks this.
  4. Farmer54

May 23, 2012
    West Bend, WI USA
    "Saigon, ####,,,,,"
    Opening line to what movie? One of my all time favorites.

Man, time flies when you're driving your self to death, in a good way of course. I swear y'all, I forget what day it is. Kinda like SJ I reckon, senior moments.

Well I finally got to load at that shipper in SW GA, name not disclosed. I've heard y'all talk about it and dispatch even wrote me a msg telling me to make dern sure my mt trailer was up to snuff. After I unloaded at Interstate WHSE in Albany Sat morning, I went to Pilot to top off my coffee mug and inspect my trailer, sweep it out and all that ole stuff.

On the road headed down GA 91 and a couple log trucks backed up behind me ridin' my butt hard. I was doing 55-60 and one comes screamin' around me, cut back in on me real close as he thought he was dissin' me. About 2 miles later one of God's Special People (GSP) lit him up. I couldn't stand it y'all, ticket or not I rapped on the air horn as I went by. Vengeance is mine sayeth the Lord.

Anyway, got to the shipper and dern if I didn't have to sweep it out again. Okay, I'm a level headed guy but that was a bit much. Got my loaded trailer number and was told where to drop the mt and where the loaded trailer would be. As I drove around to drop the mt, big scrap trailer with big signs saying "loaded <=" and "empty =>".
    Okay cool I thought, organization. Dropped my mt, drove around again the one way lot back through the loaded trailers, no dice, no trailer. So I drove around again. Starting to feel like the Millis 500 again, no trailer. Now I'm getting a little peeved. Started to go back to the inspection office but I didn't want to deal with them any more than I had to so I thought I'd drive through the mt lot,,,, voila, my load was sitting in the mt line. Mind you, my 14 is burning it's buttocks off. Calm down Ben, it's gonna be alright.

I mentioned it to the "lady" at the inspection office as she was getting my bills ready and didn't acknowledge me until I said, "hmm, guess it doesn't matter". She abruptly snapped, what doesn't matter? I politely said I felt like I was in the Atlanta 500 making the rounds trying to find my trailer when I found it in the mt lot. She said it was sometimes that way. I bit my lip till it was bleeding,,, all with a smile.

Some call it karma, some call it ju-ju. It's always been mojo to me. Everyone gets it.

On a lighter note, it was a run up to New Carlisle IN that I delivered this morning. Went over to Plano and picked up a partial for Shelby tomorrow,,,,,,, errrrr,,,,, today. Got a bit sidetracked last night when I started this rant. Running on recaps I have enough time to get there but I'm afraid I'm gonna be sittin in Shelby for the day, happy happy joy joy.

Aight, got the coffee mug full, bladder empty and ready to roll. Y'all be safe out there.

Knucklehead Thanks this.
  5. Suspect Zero

Suspect Zero Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2016
    Burbank, IL
    People like that are the reason people like me don't carry guns.

6. Farmer54

May 23, 2012
    West Bend, WI USA
    And yep, here I sit at Loves in Shelby IA. Just stopped raining, windy and 40f. Time for some popcorn and a movie.

Suspect Zero Thanks this.
  7. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    Where did ya deliver to in New Carlisle? InTek? Carris reels? Carborundum? Ain't much else over that way.......

8. Farmer54

May 23, 2012
    West Bend, WI USA
    Five Star Sheets on Smilax Rd. Nah, wasn't much there but Smilax Rd looked to have a few companies that use bulk stuff. Delivered 7 rolls of paper. Nice place, easy to get into and dock. Had me unloaded in 15 mins.

EDIT: I was there 2 hours before my appt time. See, I'm tryin to beat out @Steelersjunkie at making appts. 8-P

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
    Airmech and Lonesome Thank this.
  9. Farmer54

May 23, 2012
    West Bend, WI USA
    IMG_0335.JPG I'm a purist when it comes to meat but every man has his breaking point. Yes, I cooked a half a ribeye in the mikey-wave. There, flog me. Dern thing wasn't too bad either as it has satisfied me until I can get to a good cook house.

About an inch and a quarter thick, thawed at cab temp. 3 mins at half power on one side and the same on the other side. Not bad but I gotta get some veggies next time.

Attached Files:

Airmech and bigred81 Thank this.
  10. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    Forgot about 5 Star, across the road from Carborundum.

11. JOHNQPUBLIC

JOHNQPUBLIC Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2014
    Central New York
    Yeah that place kinda sucks but you'll go there a lot. Sometimes hidden dirt gets loosened up as you drive even after you already swept and you end up doing it again. One good thing is they have a place to sweep out.

They are never very friendly even when you are and always just start looking for your loaded trailer in the first row you come to. More times than not, it isn't where they said it is.

Farmer54 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.