Another Millis' Hand

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Farmer54, Sep 23, 2017.

1. keen98

keen98 Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2014
    Also in case you didnt know (cuz I didnt till bout month ago) if you have any questions bout the trailer you have, at the albany terminal all the way in back and to the right, there is a row of newer trailers that have been inspected by the shop specifically to be used for GP in CS.

Farmer54 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Farmer54

Farmer54 Heavy Load Member

May 23, 2012
    West Bend, WI USA
    Thanks. No, I didn't know that.

4. Farmer54

May 23, 2012
    West Bend, WI USA
    WooWee, it's been a while. I'm finally down for a 34+ after about 4 weeks of struggling with recaps. Recaps are like playing chess, what you do today can bite your butt 8 days later.

I'm tired, I needed this one after 6 weeks out. Mind you, the 6 weeks out is by my choice, not Millis. William has been so accommodating to me, pushing me like I like but backing off when need be. Anytime I get to BRF, I go in and ask for him,,,, he comes up with a big ole smile and and a thanks all the while directing 50+ drivers. You tell me that ain't a handful.

We gonna get first snow in Richfield tonight? I'm here all weekend for a reset and b service on Monday. If any of you guys and gals need a ride to Wally World for a restock, hit me up. I'd be happy to take you as I park my car here. 8063

Need4Speed Thanks this.
  5. Farmer54

May 23, 2012
    West Bend, WI USA
    Fn awesome,,,, got a knock on my door this afternoon. Mechanic asked I wanted the b service tonight. Hell yeah! That moves me up a day to be able to get another load in this pay period.
    Wait, wait, wait,,,,,,, this weekend is workin out too good. I'm "Tip-toeing Through the Tulips". Something's gotta f up.

Airmech, SHOJim and Waterboy334 Thank this.
  6. Pedigreed Bulldog

Pedigreed Bulldog Road Train Member

May 7, 2011
    We used to not have the 34...no choice but to recap. Work too hard too quick and burn through your 70 in 4 or 5 days and you got 4 or 5 days off to think about what you did...couldn't roll again until you were back under 70 in 8. At least now, 34 hours is as long as you'll ever HAVE to sit out there in BFE when you run out of hours...

Lonesome and Farmer54 Thank this.
  7. Suspect Zero

Suspect Zero Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2016
    Burbank, IL
    Was hoping to make it as far as Richfield today and blow you some crap but came up about 50 miles short, you lucky ####### :D

8. Farmer54

May 23, 2012
    West Bend, WI USA
    Love ya, mean it.
    I'll be here till Monday. Gotta get my car tested and renewed plate. Thumb up

9. Farmer54

May 23, 2012
    West Bend, WI USA
    Okay, I'm decompressed enough to talk about that Clifton NJ run now. Queue Jimmy Page's "Dazed and Confused".

I'll mention the final as they were cool as could be. XL Plastics. Do not follow your GPS as my Qualcomm and personal Garmin had me routed under a 12'6" bridge. No redirects offered. I did something I've never done, I called XL Plastics for directions. Spoke with this very nice and understanding Latina lady. She told me how to get in there avoiding the bridge. Slide your tandems up all the way while you're still on the NJ Pike. You're gonna need it.

Got off the nj pike just before the gw bridge on to nj3. Exit nj3 to nj21. Exit to Paulson Ave. Run Paulson for a couple miles the right on Highland Ave,,,,,, me? This thing? Turn right? Utility poles, cars double parked and I gotta turn right? WTF? My angel appeared in the form of an old lady. She saw my predicament, backed her car up to block traffic and waved me through. As I was getting the tractor straightened out I was passing her car. She and I locked eyes for a split second. She smiled, I smiled,,,, I'll never forget that lady. She reminded me of Mama.

taodnt, Hitman, Knucklehead and 5 others Thank this.
  10. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Certainly a rare specimen for New Jersey.

Airmech and Knucklehead Thank this.
  11. Farmer54

May 23, 2012
    West Bend, WI USA
    In Cville for twice this week. Hope I'm not on the 400 mile per day club. It's okay, mechanic here took me right in to install the side window air deflectors,,,,, I smoke, get drenched every time it rains.
    Other than that, things are going pretty well. Course ya get that azzho,e 4wheeler that's slams the door on ya, making you back out of a 46 large load on an uphill grade,,,,,,, to be expected and dealt with.

I'm happy for an old reborn transportation engineer.
    Lil' ditty I thought y'all might appreciate. Got here today in Cartersville, didn't even go back on dispatch till I got my stuff clean. Funny what makes us happy. Me? Clean sheets.
    That's my friend Bob. Ongoing joke between me and my little sister..
    Be safe brutha truckas. Do what is right even though it pisses you off to the max.

Attached Files:

Waterboy334, Airmech and Lonesome Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.