Another s corp question.

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by feldsforever, Sep 28, 2020.

1. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    . Yes, I always paid in person, since 1996. Up until just a few yrs. ago.

feldsforever and truckdriver31 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. truckdriver31

truckdriver31 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2013
    i thk he mite run into issues without real id or passport in person

feldsforever and Rideandrepair Thank this.
  4. Rideandrepair

Aug 8, 2015
    He might want to call/ join Ooida. They’re very helpful, always willing to patiently explain things, and help.

5. spindrift

spindrift Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2014
    Texas
    I had to get my FEIN before I submitted my 2290.

Rideandrepair and truckdriver31 Thank this.
  6. Brettj3876

Brettj3876 Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Land of local
    If the truck is paid for he's doing better than most right outta the gate

7. Wespipes

Wespipes Road Train Member

Jul 14, 2019
    I would've created a LLC and elect to get taxed as a scorp. Then you can take it back and run it as a LLC if you want.

8. feldsforever

feldsforever Road Train Member

Nov 22, 2019
    blairandgretchen Thanks this.
  9. feldsforever

Nov 22, 2019
    @Rideandrepair thank you for that info. That's what I was looking for. I'm just trying to figure out how to get my wife's name on the business with me. The lawyer wants 90.00 for 45 mins to consult.

@spindrift what's the process for that. getting the fien. Number?

@Brettj3876. Close to paid off. New developments at the bank. I will have to carry about 8,500 bank note. Note to bad I don't think. I've eaten a lot of Roman noodles And p.b. and j to get here.

@Wespipes that's exactly what I thought was doing. I actually thought I had to form\start a llc. Then choose S corp tax procedures vs. c corp tax procedures?

D.Tibbitt and Brettj3876 Thank this.
  10. Rideandrepair

Aug 8, 2015
    When you form the Corp. That’s when your assigned a Fein. Why do you want wife’s name on the Co? Double exposure. Might be best to put only your name. Never know, for whatever reason in the future. Might want to put it or a new Co. in her name only. Best to ask an Accountant. Might be some tax liabilities to consider. I have no idea. I paid my Accountant to file for my s Corp, 24 yrs ago. I had no idea how to do any of it. But I know of a lot of folks, who filed the Corp papers themselves. Used to have to wait for snail mail, to get the assigned #. I’d guess it’s all instantly assigned immediately after filing online. Maybe someone else knows more.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2020
    D.Tibbitt and feldsforever Thank this.
  11. feldsforever

Nov 22, 2019
    Hi,
    The truck is costing 30k, 7k I know is light. I do have credit cards.
    Honestly , At least for the time being. I think I will be ok. I'm buying the truck from my boss. And have driven it daily since May 25th. Im pretty aware of the quirks and disadvantages of this truck.Of course there is a lot of stories out there where bad luck strikes the day the title transfers. So who knows.?
    As of this moment I only have one genuwin concern. Because of the drive axles area is so light. Causeing a horrible amount of tire spin. He just had brand new tires put on. One of the two tires was just put on the first week of June.
    He also had a alignment done. So all I can do now is monitor and see what happens.
    I do have to buy the service manual because I feel confidant that at least some of the spinning is driver error. And some is just crappy design.
    In some circumstances I have to press the load transfer button to bring the weight to the drives. Then some times I have to lock in the front diff. And when those two don't get it done. I have to put it in manual to reduse rpms.
    This only happens on wet roads or Sandy parking areas. But its every wet road and sandy parking area. So all in all I think I need to not be so heavy footed. But the pedal is stupid since a tive. As of right now. This is a great running truck. Its slow. But dependable. Fingers crossed it gives me two years to build a maintenance account prior to having something serious happen.
    Thanks for reading.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.