Anyone else have same issue with Cascadia Windshield leaking?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by shaker636, Sep 1, 2021.

1. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    I thought International was famous for the markers leaking. Freightliner is the windows in my experience.

Rideandrepair and bzinger Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tallguy66

tallguy66 Medium Load Member

Oct 18, 2018
  4. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    Yep my cascadia leaks a little around the windshield when I get it washed but I don't need a life jacket on to drive in the rain like I did with my last 2 paccar products .

Rideandrepair and Kyle G. Thank this.
  5. ibcalm19

ibcalm19 Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2015
    Pennsylvania
    Totally agree I feel the same way about wheel alignments and transmissions.

Rideandrepair Thanks this.
  6. evofd

evofd Bobtail Member

Nov 11, 2011
    Missouri
    Good news there installing an upper door seal on all new 2023's! lol Hopefully that will address the issue.

7. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

Very common. It's the reason thosebtrucks come with an 'umbrella' over the fuse panel of the truck. The fuse panel is hidden behindbthe glive box. You will need a screwdriver to remove the glovebox to get to the fuse panel. The 'umbrella' is attached by velcro and barely can be removed unless you pull the 2 pieces apart. Stupid design with a capitol duh.

8. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

Yeah its almost certaily the marker lights above the windshield

9. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    And not only do you have to unscrew the glovebox, it's screwed in with torx screws just to make it that much more difficult to have the right tools to change a fuse.

tscottme, Rideandrepair and bzinger Thank this.
  10. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    My old Classic leaks around the top on Drivers side. Had a brand new seal put in with windshields last time, by a Professional Shop. Still leaks. Can’t redo interior, till it’s fixed. Checked marker lights, they’re dry. I’m going to silicone it across the top, inside the seal, against the outside of windshield for starters. My 92 WS leaked same way. Dealer put a new seal with black trailer type sealer. They destroyed the first new seal in the process, had to provide a second one for free. Bottom line, it fixed the leak. Maybe I should use that stuff. Silicone doesn’t seem to work well. Replaced all my door seals. No more drafts. What a difference in the winter. First Freightliner I’ve ever had without drafty doors. It can be done. All new latch, handle, strike bolt, hinge. Hard to believe, but both doors now always close on the first try. I’ll see how long it lasts. The doors need a lot of maintenance.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2021
    bzinger Thanks this.
  11. Dino soar

Dino soar Road Train Member

Dec 8, 2017
    You did not get the memo.

They tried to copy off of the Peterbilt engineers but they could not make it leak nearly as bad as that junk Peterbilt.

That's because no one could create a bigger piece of crap than the Peterbilt Engineers...

They apparently did well with the belt buckles though. That is a must-have for the super trucker.

Rideandrepair and bzinger Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.