Bison Dry Bulk ?

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by uncleal13, Nov 6, 2020.

1. Flint1

Flint1 Light Load Member

Sep 4, 2019
    Alberta
    There was a set in Bison's yard in sherwood park last week. Parked in the back. I could see em from the service rd off 16.

uncleal13, Isafarmboy and AModelCat Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dave124

Dave124 Light Load Member

Mar 11, 2019
    Farmers don’t care who hauls as long as hopper is clean, slides are closed, and don’t overfill and spill grain. 90% of the transport is through brokers and their only goal is to get the cheapest trucking possible so they can make more money on the trade (and not pass the savings back to the farmer). If the broker starts getting complaints about the trucker from the farmers then that trucker is off the list, they don’t want to deal with that. No shortage of trucks and super Bs around, no barriers to entry. All the surplus frac sand haulers have switched to grain to keep trucks moving. Not sure I would be investing in 40 sets right now but I am sure they have done the economic justification for it.

uncleal13 and Phantom Trucker Thank this.
  4. BigHossCummins

BigHossCummins Heavy Load Member

Dec 15, 2016
    Calgary, Alberta
    I'm told most of the Bison customers for the hoppers, they already haul Dry and Reefer freight for them, So I would imagine this is like them adding Searcy (decks), they wanna be a "total transportation solution" for the big companies/contracts.

Phantom Trucker Thanks this.
  5. mudflap77

mudflap77 Medium Load Member

Oct 11, 2010
    Or an attempt to stay one step ahead of the banker.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Draft saved Draft deleted