breaking a lease

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by duddie, Sep 2, 2013.

1. US MARINE

US MARINE Heavy Load Member

Sep 15, 2011
    Roughly 1000 a week payments is why schneiders Fleace program does not work and they get 80% or more of the trucks back . I think you can sign 2 agreements at Schneider finance .. 1 is a strait lease no option . 2. Is a lease with option to purchase . I guess it would depend on which contract you chose

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. luisrolon

luisrolon Light Load Member

Feb 24, 2012
    richmond va
    Keep us posted I'm doing the lp with schneider and I'm buying a truck cause this high truck payment isn't gonna work esp with the way there freight is looking, so I was gonna turn my truck in around jan that way I have a good maintance acct in my personal acct cause I already know schneider is gonna keep my escrow I may stay with schneider if they don't try screwing me over if not landstar or mercer will be getting a app from me

4. NavigatorWife

NavigatorWife Road Train Member

Apr 30, 2012
    Cental West, AL
    Also plan on getting a bill for any repairs they deem necessary after you turn the truck in which could be quite a bit if you don't have it saved up.

5. luisrolon

Feb 24, 2012
    richmond va
    Well according to schneider finance this is not a walk away lease none of there leases are walk away.
    They are going to charge you for any repairs need to resell the truck and charge you for breaking your lease. I asked my rep how much am I gonna be charged and she said there no exact number so I guess it's pretty much whatever they feel like charging you. And they may keep your maintance but we all know their gonna keep it. Welp lesson learned no need to cry about it .

6. duddie

duddie Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Parts Unknown
    yea i was told the samething today..oh well..its worth it...

7. Skunk_Truck_2590

Skunk_Truck_2590 Road Train Member

Feb 16, 2007
    Stonewall, LA.
    Honestly anyone who leases a truck through a company is screwing themselves over. I did a lot of home work on it and its not worth it no matter where you go. In a nutshell, all your doing is being a company driver with a little more leeway while paying the companies bills for that truck and having to do your own taxes so they won't have to which helps the save money while you get cheap $.90-1.10 a mile freight which they still take their percentage of and at the end of the lease (if you even survive it) you have an option to make a balloon payment to buy the truck which can be steep on a truck that now has a lot of miles and is ragged out and costs more than the book value of the truck (people get suckered by this scam all the time) so they have made twice as much as the truck costs brand new (and keep in mind a brand new $150k truck to you will only cost them $50-80k because they have contracts to purchase trucks in bulk orders) and in this since you "think" you got a good deal when really you just got ###### over and left with a POS. Thats including 3 years of payments then the ballon or theres the ol' $1dollar buy out trick that comes with some hefty and harsh contract agreements along with high payments then you agree for the dollar buy out but they hold the title for another 3 years so you can't take the truck and run somewhere else with it.

Leasing is not worth the headache. Your much better off buying your own and there can be hope to save your ### if you happen to get in dutch and may ruin your credit a little bit. I believe the pumpkin patch has it setup where if you break their contract on a no walk away lease, then they will basically #### your personal credit score without any vasoline and won't leave you with a pot to piss in so your pretty much screwed for the next 7 years if you were planning on a new car or house. Only the people who are nieve enough to believe the horse #### that companies feed them to coax them into a lease are the ones who keep feeding the scam programs and keep them alive and well.

8. marmonman

marmonman Road Train Member

Dec 14, 2009
    central illinois
    Who would have thought .......I never saw that one coming .........can they even do that ?........well I never !!.......but I thought they liked me they really liked me ...........but I don't want to pay for it anymore....you mean they thought that because I signed a contract I still owe them money ???.....WOW whatever you don't work for these people they really screwed me over bad !!!!

I sure wish someone would have told not to do this before I signed the contract to sell my soul to the devil !!!!

All things that have been said and will be said again .

9. luisrolon

Feb 24, 2012
    richmond va

i wouldn't say all that i'm actually happy here at sni doing the l/p and i'm making good money the only reason i want out is because i just paid cash for a truck and i can make alot more running my own truck verse paying 1200 a week. i don't mind paying Schneider some money for breaking my lease as long as it not no crazy amount like 10k or something, but if not landstar it is, but even so i have nothing bad to say about Schneider .

10. hobbypassion21

hobbypassion21 Light Load Member

Aug 1, 2010
    Grand Prairie, TX
    Does Schneider Finance really ruin your credit score if you walk away from your lease?

11. CHUBBYBUNNY

CHUBBYBUNNY Light Load Member

Oct 11, 2013
    Not to put a monkey wrench in your back up plan but you can't just say, "Landstar it is" because Landstar is extremely picky about who they lease on and I suspect lease breaking Schneider applicants go to the bottom of the list. Haha just kidding ya a bit but it is true that Landstar is picky and they take their sweet time getting you approved. Weeks or longer.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.