Broker refusing to pay solution.

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by 6wheeler, Mar 11, 2019.

1. 6wheeler

6wheeler Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Yea good luck with that. Already tried that years ago. Pacific Financial denied it. Plus it took over 30 days to review it.
    And if it doesn't travel across 2 states it doesn't qualify against a bond, interstate travel

A summons served by a police officer to appear in Virginia will get someone on the ball

roshea, Lepton1, tscottme and 2 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    That’s something we need in th LTL sector, with all the idiots I encounter that don’t even know what a Bill of Lading is, let alone have one for whatever freight they have going out.

4. chimbotano

chimbotano Heavy Load Member

Apr 21, 2013
    I was wondering, if you work under someone’s authority or lease to someone like like Landstar, do they fight for you when a broker refuses to pay ?

Suspect Zero Thanks this.
  5. JonJon78

JonJon78 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2018
    It's on them we get paid regardless if they do or not.

6. 6wheeler

Aug 30, 2009
    Don't count on it. No one will serve your very own interests better than yourself.
    Not a factoring, a corporate business, insurance company, people don't want to deal with other people's problems.

tscottme, Suspect Zero and chimbotano Thank this.
  7. SteveScott

SteveScott Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2015
    That's one of the reasons I've been enjoying the Convoy app. I have a shipper 20 miles from my house that's cancelled 2 loads. Convoy paid me $250 each time a day later, and I booked replacement loads within a couple hours after the first ones cancelled.

Lepton1, tscottme and Truckermania Thank this.
  8. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    OK 6, I asked about this with one of my people, they reminded me what we do. Bond first, court second. Last year we had a broker try to get out of paying us $11k, it was an intrastate move, but still bond first then court which gave us the money.

6wheeler and fast1buzz Thank this.
  9. fast1buzz

fast1buzz Light Load Member

Feb 6, 2019
    colorado
    Brokers are a pain. They have attempted every trick in the book on me to side step a tonu bill. Owning the company I had a nasty lawyer to take care of it but as said you can do it yourself just as easy on the net. Don't let these people get away with no negotiation make them pay whatever you booked the load for. In some cases all they wanted was a "backup" if there truck couldn't make it then leave you hanging with no load you just ran 100+ miles to pick up plus fuel and in my case permits , pilot car (had my own with the 11 wide trailer) and other expenses. I did have it happen more often than one would think. Don' let them off hook they probably knew this was a possibility when you got the confirmation. That by the way is a signed contract.

Lepton1, tscottme and 6wheeler Thank this.
  10. 6wheeler

Aug 30, 2009
    Get this. If it's classified as a agricultural product it can be denied by the bond company too. Mulch. Topsoil

Lepton1 and tscottme Thank this.
  11. Pepper24

Pepper24 Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2010
    Man you sure have a lot of problems with brokers.Im guessing you haven’t been running for brokers long if you don’t have good brokers yet.Really starting to doubt you even are running brokered freight.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.