Buncha TRASH

Discussion in 'Expediter and Hot Shot Trucking Forum' started by rccarlson22, Nov 27, 2020.

1. magoo68

magoo68 Road Train Member

Jun 11, 2011
    st malo mb canada
    I meant it as a joke lol

Lite bug and Knucklehead Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Knucklehead

Knucklehead Road Train Member

Jan 21, 2006
    LOL I don't know too much about hot shot rates. I'm just a dumb truck driver. :dontknow:

:evil4:

4. crocky

crocky Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Personally, I don't worry about X amount per mile but rather X amount on average per day. $2/mile if you are only running 200 miles is still just $400. It's been weeks though that it's been slow for cars. I struggle like hell to get out of FL but when I get out of FL it's like the only good loads are paying to go back to FL.. lol

Luckily I was able to book a couple of cars on Fris I can pick up tomorrow so I don't have to deal with the Monday after the Holiday dead zone.

5. crocky

crocky Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2017
    If you can haul cars it's not hard to get out.. I never have issues getting out of there. The biggest issue is a lot of them wanna go further west and I never want to go that way.

Knucklehead Thanks this.
  6. jeffman164

jeffman164 Medium Load Member

Dec 4, 2012
    Talking about cars.I don't go to Denver very often but when I do it is usually a struggle to get decent paying loads out.

Lite bug and Knucklehead Thank this.
  7. 24kHotshot

24kHotshot Heavy Load Member

Feb 19, 2019
    New York
    My Dispatcher works with another car hauler hotshot thats only worried about gross or X per day.
    He grosses 20k a month and barely keeps 10. I gross 15-16k a month and keep at least 10k net. I net more for every mile I do.
    I do less miles, less work, burn less fuel and less wear and tear, also get more home time.

If I run just 200 miles for $400 I still take home $200 for 4 hours work after expenses.

Lite bug Thanks this.
  8. rccarlson22

rccarlson22 Medium Load Member

Aug 27, 2019
    Denver has been hit and miss, I can always find good paying freight out sometimes have to wait a little longer than I prefer.

Lite bug Thanks this.
  9. Lite bug

Lite bug Road Train Member

May 3, 2014
    Columbus Ohio
    Yelp, You work that plan every time is a winner. What is your radius? In a couple of years you can get a big drop on premiums with lower radius. I am assuming you are working close to home, and not jumping to far out by having that ability to pick and choose.

10. Lite bug

Lite bug Road Train Member

May 3, 2014
    Columbus Ohio
    Timing, My first year out I went to your neck of the woods the week before Christmas, waited for a couple of days looking and had to deadhead back so I could see our Son before he reported back for duty at Coronado. The holidays can be a money making opportunities or suck a lot of profit up by not being aware.

Xray4 and rccarlson22 Thank this.
  11. rccarlson22

rccarlson22 Medium Load Member

Aug 27, 2019
    I was hoping it would be the former and I could cash in on a load needing to move while all the drivers took off for Thanksgiving. I did end up grabbing the nacagdoches load, for more than that posted rate. It was a manure spreader going to a ranch where the guy breeds quarter horses. He had a nice ranch and even let me feed them. Little adventures like that make this job worth it.

Xray4 and Lite bug Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.