Cdl Disqualification

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by sambomadeit, Apr 12, 2016.

1. 8thnote

8thnote Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2013
    Chattanooga, TN
    What exactly does a "failure to maintain lane" ticket entail? In other words, what were you doing (or accused of doing) that would warrant this ticket? Did the cop see one tire cross the zipper or a double yellow? Were you in danger of causing an accident? Did you almost lose control of your vehicle or cause someone else to? I'm honestly curious because I've never heard that this was considered a major violation (at least with no accident involved) on par with "following too close".

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. sambomadeit

sambomadeit Bobtail Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Yes it was an accident where a lady was on the cell phone ran into my lane an swiped my trailer So when the officer arrived to the scene, i pleaded my case, an the officer said there is no way the lady driving the 4 wheeler could be at fault, an the officer exact words were "Somebody Has To Get The Ticket, An You're Driving This Huge Vehicle, So I Know Its Hard To Maintain You're Lane. When She Issued My Citation She Stated On It That It Wasn't A accident tho..

4. Retired2015

Retired2015 Light Load Member

Apr 13, 2016
    Actually, no- disqualification is not suspension. A disqualification only keeps you from driving a commercial vehicle, you can still drive your personal vehicle. A suspension means you cant drive anything.
    I had mine disqualified once but never missed a trip because I did not get the notice, which was dated after the disqualification period, until after the disqualification period was over. I contacted the state about it and they said since the disqualification period had passed to keep on trucking. If the speeding ticket is 15 over, you might have a problem finding a job for 3 years but then you might also get lucky.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2016
    w.h.o Thanks this.
  5. Retired2015

Apr 13, 2016
    That is correct. you are just disqualified from driving a commercial period for that number of days, then automatically reinstated.

6. sambomadeit

Apr 12, 2016
    Its crazy cause Werner has me placed on a Leave of absence. they said if i can make it back for 30 days i'll be able to comeback, but if its after they said i have to reapply,an they don't know if id be able to come back which is crazy.

7. Retired2015

Apr 13, 2016
    Sounds like you were suspended instead of disqualified? Course I guess different states could handle it different ways? It was Georgia I dealt with.

8. Retired2015

Apr 13, 2016
    Yea those companies really frown on 15 over anymore. I have one on my DAC from VA from 2003 and its still on my DAC. Course being retired, it doesnt matter anymore to me.

9. sambomadeit

Apr 12, 2016
    was it in your personal or semi? the 15mph over

10. Retired2015

Apr 13, 2016
    Semi, I was buying my own truck. actually the ticket says 15 over but when Bourtetourt put it on my DAC, it went on there as reckless driving. I contacted VA and they said 15 over is considered reckless driving in VA. That was 1 of the tickets that got me the Disqualification from GA, which GA in 1992 said they would not shut a trucker down for two speeding tickets at that time, but things change.

11. Pancho_24

Pancho_24 Bobtail Member

Apr 5, 2018
    I contested my disqualified texas cdl, I have a court date may 8, 2018. What happens if I relocate to kansas before my case settled?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.