CDL DOT Physical Issue

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by Mike2357, May 25, 2023.

1. Concorde

Concorde Road Train Member

Jun 29, 2016
    West Melbourne Florida
    It is a disqualifying drug to that Dr..he doesn’t want to accept liability…it’s their call.

Find another Dr and bring a note from your prescribing physician..

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mike2357

Mike2357 Bobtail Member

May 25, 2023
    3rd time, I wasn't on the drug at the time, I clarified this already. His reason for stopping the test was because of anxiety itself, I was on no medication at the time. But even if I was, that's ridiculous. Literally 1/3 of the country is on it, then they complain about a trucker shortage? Maybe I should save myself the effort and apply to non-cdl only.

4. Concorde

Concorde Road Train Member

Jun 29, 2016
    West Melbourne Florida
    Maybe if you put it in your op that you weren’t on it at the time…but you did, lol.

Now you’re catching an attitude so I’m going to tap out of your thread..causing me anxiety.

Like I said..find another Dr. Obviously the one you used doesn’t want to accept liability for patients with anxiety issues.

Good luck.
    Non CDL driving may be a great option for you and probably would be less stressful.. Uber Eats?

5. Mike2357

Mike2357 Bobtail Member

May 25, 2023
    I have been searching non cdl driving jobs too, but have had less luck. Many require also doing jobs within the companies themselves. I'm looking for only driving/delivery types of jobs, or courier type jobs, nothing else. My hatred for office/computer jobs is beyond description, I need a new job where I'm moving, busy, seeing different places, and preferably where I am on the road most of the day.

6. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    It is 100% legal to get a 2nd opinion. Just keep some things in mind. First, did that examiner send in the failed physical into the database? This is important because when you do get a 2nd opinion and you did not inform the 2nd examiner about that 1st physical the FMCSA can toss that card for "doctor shopping". I was talking to a safety critter I know just a few weeks ago that had this happen to one of his drivers. The FMCSA sent him a letter his physical was no longer valid. Again, a 2nd opinion is legal and allowed. Just make sure the 2nd examiner knows about the first one!

Jamie01 Thanks this.
  7. Mike2357

Mike2357 Bobtail Member

May 25, 2023
    He essentially didn't do the test at all, and refunded my money, so I don't think anything was entered, pass or fail. It's not like I didn't meet the vision requirement and failed, for example, he didn't do anything beyond the basic forms. I think they kept the forms, but I don't know of anything was officially entered, as he didn't really do the tests to begin with.

8. Magoo1968

Magoo1968 Road Train Member

Mar 18, 2021
    St Malo mb
    Just declare that when you do your dot drug test to be safe ..

9. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    He didn't get a physical.

10. Mike2357

Mike2357 Bobtail Member

May 25, 2023
    He basically aborted the test, so no reason to mention. All I did was fill out that health background form. Will make sure to go to a normal American doctor's office that's not right next to an immigration office.

11. smokey12

smokey12 Road Train Member

May 30, 2012
    Go get another physical and keep your mouth shut. Lexapro is nothing. Don't go to Concentra, they do the same thing. Find an urgent care or go to a chiropractor cdl doc. Some of the docs are getting rediculous, we aren't flying jet fighters. I almost got flunked at my last physical because my BP went up , white coat syndrome. ..give it another try.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.