Centramatics

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by White_lightning1983, Jan 15, 2020.

1. dosgatos

dosgatos Medium Load Member

Sep 18, 2012
    I rejected two out of four xline steers when I saw them on the balancer. Mounted correctly but out of round and the tread was wandering.
    Pointed it out to the tech school grad and his reply was "they're balanced".
    I had to explain balanced and round are not mutually inclusive.
    Told him he could sell them to a fleet but I wasn't buying them.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    I don't know anybody who wastes time with balancing tires. Makes no difference when you're in mud half the year lol.

sirjeff and bzinger Thank this.
  4. stillwurkin

stillwurkin Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2017
    I have used them and never could tell the difference. So i don't use them anymore. If someone likes them fine. My old girl goes down the road smooth and straight. ( if its a smooth road).

bzinger Thanks this.
  5. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    I hauled a full set of these 22.5's for the tractor and trailer to the scrap recycling place this summer. Don't waste your money.

bzinger and stillwurkin Thank this.
  6. Atlaw4u

Atlaw4u Heavy Load Member

Jun 8, 2018
    Ebay has a few retailers that see new sets for around $185 shipped. I put a set on my drives and it fixed a serious vibration that I had.

7. tnpete

tnpete Medium Load Member

Jun 25, 2013
    Tn
    Have them all around. And drive tires look good wearing good. Worth it for me and wish I had them on the trailer also.

bzinger Thanks this.
  8. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    After I had mine pulled my wobbly low speed steering issues and high speed balance issues went away .
    They were good for about the 1st year and progressively got worse to the point that I thought I had an out of round tire or a front end issue .
    I must have got bad ones

Dale thompson Thanks this.
  9. Final Drive

Final Drive Road Train Member

Jan 21, 2015
    Im a believer guy's before I installed them back in 1999 ,I was lucky to bearlly crack 100,000 miles now I get close to 200.000 miles easily..

10. oneperfectrun

oneperfectrun Light Load Member

Dec 18, 2010
    Fulton, MS
    I’m a believer in the centramatics and the tru balance drum and wheel centering sleeves. There’s another balancer out there that I’d probably buy over the centramatics if I ever have to purchase again. They are called Balance Masters. Basically the same thing as centramatics but uses mercury instead of the beads that centramatics use. Think they are a little more pricy than centramatics but not sure how much. Been a while since I’ve looked at them.

11. SmallPackage

SmallPackage Road Train Member

Dec 20, 2019
    Marion Texas
    I posted above about the centramatics on the wheel hubs. Love ‘em. A friend has the Balance Masters on his hubs and they are great too.

I just put the Balance Masters driveshaft balancing ring on (that I learned about on this forum ) and the back wall shake and rattle at the rear mount that is so common with the older non air ride cab trucks is gone after 50 years of it being there no matter what was tried. Smoooved it out nice. Thanks to who ever mentioned it.

The balance master crankshaft balancer and Vibratech dampener I got through Pittsburgh Power that I put on a couple weeks later made an incredible difference to the engine too.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.