Centramatics

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by White_lightning1983, Jan 15, 2020.

1. oneperfectrun

oneperfectrun Light Load Member

Dec 18, 2010
    Fulton, MS
    Just done the same thing this past weekend with the vibratech damper and balance ring. Made a very noticeable difference in this old Cat.

SmallPackage Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JDstrick

JDstrick Light Load Member

Feb 19, 2020
    just get a bag of recycled golf balls at walmart keep in truck .put 3 golf balls in every tire on truck.i guarantee the tires will wear smooth as a babys bottom unless they are structurally compromised. this will save you lots money, keep tires inflated. if some tireman laughs, thats ok, he wants y.our tires wear out he makes money selling tires. been using golfers over 15 years..you couldnt give me a set of centramatics. period. beads and sand outa question 2

4. JDstrick

Feb 19, 2020
    mostly concerned with drveshafts being reinstalled correctly after u joint or yoke repair, that means the drive shafts are " in time" per say. Not one notch off

5. SmallPackage

SmallPackage Road Train Member

Dec 20, 2019
    Marion Texas
    I’m not.

6. JDstrick

Feb 19, 2020
    have u had the torque screw on the transmission readjusted ?

7. 86scotty

86scotty Road Train Member

Aug 27, 2017
    Appalachia
    Never heard of this one. Is it April 1 already?

8. JDstrick

Feb 19, 2020
    3 golf balls per tire work great, even on the steer. Better than centramatic cause the balancing effect is transmitted to where the rubber meets the road and not remotely mounted on a HUB.
    centramatic might mean centrifugal? huh...so 3 golf balls spinning farther out on the radius may be more effective .... get you transmission torque screw adjusteds 2.

rollin coal Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.