Choosing a school

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by Blackandgold, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    CDL driver Trainee
    Jacobs Petroleum Products - Waynesburg, PA 15370
    $21 an hour
    We are hiring non CDL drivers and paying to train and get CDL license.

To be hired must have passed cdl hazmat/tanker permit test and have receipt of fingerprints sent in for hazmat to TSA, clean mvr, passing drug test and clean background.

Option 1. Hired to do maintenance at $14/hour until hazmat clearance comes back, generally 4-6 weeks. When hazmat comes back driver can start training driving for minimum of 8 weeks, maximum 10 weeks. Take driving test and if pass go to the new wage of $21/hour plus night/weekend differentials.

Option 2. Wait for hazmat to come back to be hired and then when hazmat comes back driver can start training driving with a trainer for minimum of 8 weeks, maximum 10 weeks at $18/hr. Take driving test and if pass go to the new wage of $21/hour plus night/weekend differentials.

At point driver passes CDL driving test we will reimburse the testing fees. Must work for Jacobs for 12 months from point of passed driving test for no penalty.
    Jacobs Petroleum – A Stuck Enterprise Company
    www.jacobspetro.com

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Republic Services - click here for more information > Apply On Company Site
    A Driver Trainee will be trained by Republic Services to obtain a commercial driver’s license (CDL) to then assume the responsibility of a Driver with our Company. Driver Trainees will complete a comprehensive training program and be given the resources to take the CDL examination. Once the Driver Trainee completes the program and obtains a CDL, he/she will be placed into an open Driver position in one of the Company’s lines of business, including but not limited to, Residential, Commercial, Industrial or Roll-Off.

4. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Waste Management - click here > Apply On Company Site
    Experienced and Non-Experienced CDL Drivers!
    Requirements:
    A Valid Class A or B CDL with Air Brakes endorsements and be at least 21 years of age.

Mil2Sec2Trucking and Blackandgold Thank this.
  5. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    We are hiring CDL-A Drivers! Click here > Apply On Company Site
    SYGMA provides delivery services for some of the largest food chains in the country. We are looking for Delivery Drivers across the country to safely and efficiently transport and unload product for our customers. Our service excellence is driven by the dedicated SYGMA employees who are constantly bringing our beliefs and values to life.
    SYGMA HIRES:
    • Line Haul Drivers
    • Delivery Drivers
    • Driver Helpers
    • Driver Trainees
    [​IMG]

6. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Blackandgold Thanks this.
  7. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    W.W. Transport - Hanover, PA
    $2500 sign on incentive!
    www.driveww.com to apply

Join the W.W. Transport Refrigerated Team and get a lot of miles – a lot of pay- and guaranteed home time. You will get to drive NEW equipment, as well as:
    Benefits:
    • Average $1300+ weekly
    • Drop and Hook delivery service equals no driver wait time
    • NO back hauls– Haul Potatoes to factory – Drop trailer – go back to the farm empty
    • NO grocery warehouses, NO multi-stops, NO driver assist required – just drive
    [​IMG]

Mil2Sec2Trucking and Blackandgold Thank this.
  8. Blackandgold

Blackandgold Bobtail Member

Nov 16, 2018
    Pittsburgh
    Speedy thank you for your input and Chinatown thank you for all of the leads!

9. Blackandgold

Blackandgold Bobtail Member

Nov 16, 2018
    Pittsburgh
    So I just got back from my first school visit at Rosedal Tech. It is alot more expensive than I was anticipating. Everyone was very professional and nice, which is expected when they're giving a tour to a potential student, but I felt it was genuine. I got to talk to an instructor. He actually got out of a truck and talked to me for a couple minutes so I know it wasn't scripted. He was able to tell me about a decent amount of companies in the area that hired students from the last couple graduating classes for local driving jobs. I'm having a hard time getting past the price though, wondering if its worth it or if I should start calling some companies and asking about on the job training for my cdl.

Mil2Sec2Trucking Thanks this.
  10. Mil2Sec2Trucking

Mil2Sec2Trucking Bobtail Member

Nov 29, 2018
    California
    Sorry for the delay, been working 60-80 hours a week to save up for the time at school.
    Some schools offer free Training, very few pay for time at Training (Roehl, thus far the only company I found, that also pays good CPM).
    I truly appreciate your efforts to prevent others from making the same mistakes you've made when YOU started off. Watching several YouTube Channels (trying to keep up with New Age Technology and Way of Life) I've seen a few gripes and complaints about certain companies, but many of those complaints were baseless. I like that you are a very active UNBIASED Member in this community.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
    Chinatown Thanks this.
  11. Plisskin76

Plisskin76 Bobtail Member

Dec 28, 2012
    What school was this?

Mil2Sec2Trucking Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.