Complete Psycho's

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by TheyCallMeDave, May 22, 2018.

1. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    Why do you guys post this stuff?

The second you get a threaten text call the cops.

It doesn't matter what you are, if the threats are credible, they need to be dealt with by the cops.

I get them from fired drivers and have from my competitors who i hurt by doing business with people who want things moved. I have the cops on speed dial and I have asked for charges to be brought to a few drivers and one owner in the past.

But what i don't do is post them on line.

By the way op, where is the slander?

plankton, TallJoe and x1Heavy Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    Some people still prefer to solve problems on their own, without running to the police all the time. Everyone has their own degree of patience/tolerance before they involve the authorities. Yours is evidently very low.

4. Western flyer

Western flyer Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Sounds like they assumed you were going to take the job and already had a load waiting for
    You to pick up and you bailed on them.
    Even then, this is not normal stuff.
    This is personal.
    They're mad at something.

TheyCallMeDave Thanks this.
  5. Western flyer

Western flyer Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Who says the cops will even care.
    Their going to think you done something to
    Piss them off and you're only telling them
    Half of the story.

6. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    It's not the tolerance. I actually turn over threatening texts or calls to the Law within the hour. They are more than happy to show up, process the threat, the origin phone number etc. By the second hour I have changed numbers and installed apps to reject texts and calls (*I am after all a deaf man, stupid bad guy yammering threats don't know this...)

Ego etc has nothing to do with this. I just turn over the revelent information and evidence, they make a record so if it escalates to actual invasion etc there is already a basic contact prior. A crime is a crime.

It's even more important on my end because not only we have what is called a castle doctrine, but I hold a CHL and have weapons. I cannot respond against the bad guy. I just turn it to the Law let them deal with it. And believe it or not, sometimes they get convicted in court because they just cannot stop engaging in illegal activity or digging a hole.

It's really important I do not respond and add gas to the fire. If the bad guy gets really puffed up and proclaims his name or whatever, BINGO. That is all that is needed to initiate a hearing in my state against him formally.

So in this situation I support Ridgeline and do the same thing myself. Pride, ego or whatever has nothing to do with it.

HOWEVER.

If it is a misunderstanding between myself and someone I know in real life, I usually go meet that person on nuetral ground and we talk it out. Depending on how it goes it may be the last time that person is in my life period. But one way or the other, both of us will have a understanding and the situation will be resolved if at all possible.

TallJoe Thanks this.
  7. RustyBolt

RustyBolt Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    Bement, IL
    Well duh!

He did do something that ticked them off. Otherwise, he wouldn't have the problem. And he can ONLY tell his half of the story. Up to investigators/courts to hash out the rest.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  8. TallJoe

TallJoe Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    I'd call the cops - even after the first threat - to nip it in the bud - they should take care of it easily and quick.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  9. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    No my Canadian friend, it is a case of been there done that. Unless one wants to put themselves in harms way to protect their family by stopping an issue before it escalate, it is best to let the cops do their job, they are paid for that.

You guys up there have the same issues with people and I know those in the RCMP and OPP both want you to call them with these issues.

Yeah right, cops not caring.

You go and show them the messages, you tell them what you think and you let them deal with it, repercussions from the clowns don't happen as people think they do but there are a couple holes in the story that I wonder about, like slander, who slandered him and where is it.

plankton Thanks this.
  10. DSK333

DSK333 Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2018
    Pennsyltucky
    I'd buy my own truck or move if I were you. Sounds like you live in bad place for a company guy.

11. TallJoe

TallJoe Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    They are not there to think why he pissed them off. Their job is to take care of the threats.

DSK333 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.