DAC reports explained

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Davidajhamlin1983, Sep 13, 2018.

1. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Ty for the update Veteran driver. If I had known all this when I got involved in this industry in the first place (That's one thing no one teaches newbies or anyone) I would have made different decisions with certain companies.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Davidajhamlin1983

Davidajhamlin1983 Light Load Member

Aug 5, 2018
    Daytona Beach FLORIDA
    Think most of us would have driver

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  4. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    How about fact 9. There is no such thing as a psp score. It's a report of violations with no points mentioned anywhere in the report.

5. Veteran driver

Veteran driver Medium Load Member

Aug 24, 2010
    De Moines. IA
    Points are assessed by the carrier. Number of failed roadside inspections or accidents or whatever the ticket is for has a point system based on the CSA SMS or Safety Measurement System. For each infraction comes a certain point value. The more infractions the more points. No carrier can inherit a drivers poor psp, but his psp (Accidents and or failed inspections) reflect on his or her driving habits. Trucking companies can review a psp and by that alone determine whether or not they should hire the driver. The system is arbitrary and hence the subject of litigation

Attached Files:

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  6. Veteran driver

Aug 24, 2010
    De Moines. IA
    https://csa.fmcsa.dot.gov/Documents/SMSMethodology.pdf

Many truckers are unfamiliar with the minutia of this industry. They simply hope everything is ok as long as they keep their MVR clean. That was typically the case years ago. But no more. The DOT has found new and innovative ways to skirt the rule of law and weaponize laws that are designed specifically for the purpose of safety.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  7. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    That litigation probably does not include me. Ive been out of the industry so long as to literally be able to if I wanted to discard the previous problems like a black listing etc. Nothing exists anymore except a group of 15 carriers who maintain a private database on all drivers (Covenant and 14 others cooperating) and thus retained my one half day orientation incident. Of course I am not hireable lol. (Like I care.) that goes back about 22 years by now.

Veteran driver Thanks this.
  8. Veteran driver

Aug 24, 2010
    De Moines. IA
    HireRight put on my transcript that I:

“Quit or was dismissed” from an orientation I attended a few years ago. The company was annoyed by me leaving because during the orientation process the bait and switch was revealed. So I left. The company decided to put an ambiguous comment on my transcript. Quit or dismissed. So I filed an appeal with HireRight citing the ambiguity and the egregious nature of the entry.

Which was it! Did I quit or was I dismissed? Please be more specific. HireRight agreed and contacted the company, they changed it to “Quit” finally I said I was never actually an employee at the company and therefore a file about me being on HireRight for this particular company shouldn’t even exist. Again, HireRight agreed and deleted the file altogether.

This is the type of arbitrary entries that can be found on a transcript

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  9. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I am one of those who recieved a small award from Hireright sometime last year. There has been a number of problems where if you did not know how to rebut or challenge a weaponized entry (Word of the year I imagine in this industry) you would lose very much economically.

Veteran driver Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.