Decker Joke

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Firered, Jul 9, 2014.

1. OPUS 7

OPUS 7 Road Train Member

Aug 13, 2010
    Man!!What did I miss??Step away for a few,and it blows up..
    Did someone say something offensive?
    Truckers normally are known for being politically correct,and a loving bunch.:biggrin_2559:

My gypsie crystal ball says this ones gonna get locked up?

bullhaulerswife Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DustyRoad

DustyRoad Road Train Member

Feb 23, 2011
    Gulf of Mexico
    [​IMG]

What is this, A Kitty-Kat?

99 out of 100 Lady Drivers pulling a wagon don't look like Ms. Kitty Kat...

[​IMG]

They call her Lanee, always in the wrong lane...

OldDude50 Thanks this.
  4. ethos

ethos Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Houston
    And if it does, at least we all had a lot of laughs.

5. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    And the laughs at the OP's expense will stop, please.

Or it will be locked.

Lonesome Thanks this.
  6. derwood

derwood Light Load Member

Sep 14, 2012
    as some know I work at Decker in the office and you can slam us all you want but there is always a reason for what we do. first off if you go to our website it right there exactly and I mean exactly if its flatbed or reefer, and no where is it mentioned 47cpm starting.
    she came in on a rental car that we paid for, also all the gas we paid for, and yes she went home on a bus and she would have had limited time because the bus only leaves once a day from town. She would have been offeded to take a rental car but at her expense, how can we pay for that and trust she would return it or damage it.
    We do not use outside recruiters, they are all employees of the company and yes we do use craigs list, and it is a company person when you call.
    some of our drivers are out for weeks at a time by choice, but the biggest majority of them are home every week if not at least every 2 weeks. I have been here for 14 years and a driver always, full time for first 4. I get so tired of people slamming a company that they know really nothing about, If you could only hear and deal with some of the things we do with drivers it would make you shake your head in disbelief and yell out WTF.

7. derwood

Sep 14, 2012
    and yes I should have proof read as I was in a hurry, dang it :biggrin_25523:

OPUS 7 Thanks this.
  8. OPUS 7

OPUS 7 Road Train Member

Aug 13, 2010
    Derwood,Im just glad to hear from someone behind a desk that checks in on these posts.(no sarcasm)
    We do mostly get the bad side from jilted drivers.
    It would help a ton If these companies did reply every once and a while.

One question,though..Have YOU ever driven before?
    I know you get a lot of unsavory types,and its probably dificult to fish through,but you gotta know
    truckin isn't a day at Disney.
    I started this am at 2:30 am,load wasn't ready til almost 9:00 am.Drove just under 600miles,
    3 stops,and here it is almost 2200,and im just setting down.
    Nobody wants to hear me cry,but its a truckers day,and most folks don't get it

9. derwood

Sep 14, 2012
    I have been in this business all my life, my father had around 50 trucks in the late 70's early 80's. I have driven reefer,flatbed and 8 years of livestock. Came to Decker as an O/O on the flatbed side in 2000 and made a lot of money, in 2004 they asked me to move into the office and bought my truck from me for the price I asked for. Dispatched for a year then this since, and still drive on weekends and here and there, in fact going trucking this weekend ( keeps the skills up and trust me office guys dont make as much as drivers think so it helps make the checks bigger ) so yes OPUS I do know both sides. I agree there are really really bad companies out there, some of the stuff a few do I think should be against the law, but some companies bigger and smaller try their best to take care of the drivers. Are there some bad things that happen in the office but just like drivers that have different issues and values and work ethic so do dispatchers and customer service people. I get really frustrated sometimes with both sides of this business, drivers have changed so much in the last 10 or so years. I remember when before com check and all the others we used to hand the driver 1,000 in cash for fuel to run for a week or two, 90% of the drivers today i would not trust to be able to hand 10.00 to and get this done, harsh but the things I have seen many many many drivers do or say bring me to reality very fast.

OPUS 7, loose_leafs and pattyj Thank this.
  10. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    Does Iowa Central still use your trucks for their school?I know back in the day when I was at ICCC,they used Decker,SMX and Oberg.

11. derwood

Sep 14, 2012
    they actully bought 4 of our former trucks along with a couple from Oberg. Really good school, care about their students and how they do a ton.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.