Does this actually happen?

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Midnightrider909, Jun 1, 2018.

1. Midnightrider909

Midnightrider909 Road Train Member

Oct 26, 2016
    Probably because they have no other options other than welfare. More victim blaming. These companies are evil and these practices should not be allowed.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Why sbould the company be responsible for someone's poor life choices? Because let's face it. If someone is fired at orientation and does so so spectacularly that the company refuses to do anything they have been making poor life choices all their life.
    I don't care how much money the company has.

If, for example, one fails a drug test... Well they knew there would be one and wasted the companies money for the bus, background, and drug test. Why should the company be required to waste more money on them?

And remember we are talking edge cases here anyway. For the most part companies do go above and beyond to belp a "stranded" applicant.

4. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    :biggrin_25522:

5. Midnightrider909

Midnightrider909 Road Train Member

Oct 26, 2016
    I have no sympathy for the druggies but if it’s arbitrary or they overbooked the orientation then its on the company.

ZVar and buddyd157 Thank this.
  6. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    overbooking should not even happen as well. all the recruiters ought to answer to ONE head honcho, and that person should have the correct number of newbies going there.

that SEEMS to make sense, but like anything else these days, maybe not. might be too much of a headache for the main recruiter to have to deal with.

windsmith Thanks this.
  7. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    I had a CR England escapee come through my truck a few years ago. When I heard he got his cdl thru CRE, I thought "oh boy, this is going to be a rough week". He turned out to be of average intelligence, with a fair ammount of common sense. I finally broke down and asked "why the @#$! did you go to CRE?". He responded "I figured all the negative posts were just whiners" [insert forehead slap].

Cavet Emprator has remained in common usage for over two millenia for a reason.

8. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    The next company I went to was JBHUNT. And it was precisely as @buddyd157 said.
    There were like 13 or 15 people in orientation the day before it started.

Dude from JB says " Tomorrow starts orientation and you will be given a drug test. If you cannot pass the test, please leave after this meeting, no hard feelings. Because if you pop positive, it will be on your record, we will not hire you, and no one else will either.
    Enjoy a meal and a night in the hotel on us, hope you enjoyed the plane ride, but now you're on your own."

The next morning there were 9 people that started orientation.

5 got hired at the end of the week including myself.

9. nightgunner

nightgunner Road Train Member

Jul 23, 2013
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    I love it, people cry that the standards are too low. Then cry when someone is sent home because they failed to make the standard.

10. stevep1977

stevep1977 Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2010
    Chicago, IL
    They kind of have to make a decision and take a chance (or not) that you can actually be responsible for a 40 ton projectile on the roadways. They'll never know over a phone interview. However, I do think part of the program should at least contain a bus ticket home if they are going to reject people unless the guy is a total #### up.

p608 and Midnightrider909 Thank this.
  11. Coover

Coover Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2016
    Most definitely!!!!!

That burden is put upon us as taxpayers.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.