dpf cleaning

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by kklogger, Sep 10, 2010.

1. Rafferty

Rafferty Bobtail Member

Jan 26, 2008
    Iowa
    Another downfall is that the DPF has to have an ash service regen done before removal and that requires Cat ET.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DanMan327

DanMan327 Bobtail Member

Apr 4, 2011
    Riverside, ca
    Seems high. If out in SoCal I recommend DPF Cleaning Services in Montebello. I don't have a website for them (dpfcleaningservice<dot>com maybe? but they're on South Greenwood in Montebello and I got their phone # as 323-721-2800. I think you can get it done for about $250. They do mobile service also, probably cost a bit more.

4. freightlinerman

freightlinerman Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2011
    Florida
    Don't take it off for cleaning!! When it's time to take it off, you will get a CEL alerting you. There are pressure sensors in there. My dad's 2008 Series 60 has 403,000 miles on it and it hasn't been touched. Sound's to me the dealer is just trying to make some $$$.

5. rdavis

rdavis Bobtail Member

Mar 2, 2011
    wa
    I was told by the peterbilt shop its $400. to clean it and $4000. to replace it

6. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Maxxforce engines in a Prostar, $5500 just for a new DPF!

7. harryhill

harryhill Bobtail Member

Aug 14, 2011
    edmonton canada
    you can forget about needing a dealer to reset your ecm on a cummins set up.You dont need a dealer for anything to do with this thing just clean it yourself and dont let anyone that thinks they know what they are talking about convince you otherwise.
    I wont say anything about a cat because that is not what I own but as far as a cummins goes there is very little trouble in cleaning it yourself and there is no need to reset anything at all afterwards.

I describe how i cleaned mine in another thread on here so just look up my other posts and it will tell you everything you need to know.

People that tell you that it cant be done are people that have never tried to do it and they are just repeating what they heard from others that also didnt know what they are talking about.

8. Gunnrunner00

Gunnrunner00 Bobtail Member

Sep 11, 2018
    While doing some light reading on this subject this afternoon I happend across a video of a
    fellar using a hot spraywasher to skeet the soot out the back end. Then shot compressed air thru it to dry it out. (Just plain water mind you) Says it does the trick. Im gonna start regular maintenance using that technique.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.