ELD concerns for 2020

Discussion in 'ELD Forum | Questions, Answers and Reviews' started by S M D, Jun 18, 2019.

1. Moonshadow1918

Moonshadow1918 Light Load Member

May 13, 2018
    Also under the New System dispatch can't alter drivetime. As they can now, this will hold more people accountable. I also talk to a driver that changes his timezone on his Tablet to gain time . Not sure if thats possible but thats what he said.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RollsOverEveryHillLast

RollsOverEveryHillLast Bobtail Member

Jan 1, 2017
    Chiraq, Killinois
    I got a 1997 International 9300.. Cummins N14. Got just before the eld ordeal, now its worth its weight in gold.
    However, I noticed MANY O/O jobs are now mandatory ELD, regardless of truck mfg year. Whats the deal with that? How do I sort out all these carriers that are ELD only?

I'm gonna get done with the paintjob for it next week. Then after two steers, oil, shocks, and grease she'll be road worthy!

Timin770, Coffey, mp4694330 and 2 others Thank this.
  4. Intothesunset

Intothesunset Road Train Member

Apr 15, 2019
    truck
    1992 Detroit was on DDEC 2 ecm controls.

5. Moonshadow1918

Moonshadow1918 Light Load Member

May 13, 2018
    Well if any of you think for a minute Govt isnt coming after ELD exempt trucks your a fool. With all the regs they have implemented in the last 2 yrs . ELD exempt is next on their list. Its about SAFETY remember has nothing to do with the yr of your truck. Insurance companies will not be able to insure your truck based on the year or something watch and see. Its about SAFETY always remember that.
    Meanwhile we have shootings killing more people than trucks , but in the name of SAFETY we cant regulate them. Only in America

peterd, rachi, Timin770 and 2 others Thank this.
  6. RollsOverEveryHillLast

Jan 1, 2017
    Chiraq, Killinois

Thing about it. IF they wanted to crack down on currently exempt rigs then why wouldn't have they just made ELDs mandatory for everyone including older trucks?

My ECM is perfectly capable of running elogs. It may not record as much information but I can run ELDs if I wanted to.

Thing is, the number of speed related fatal wrecks in a commercial vehicle is actually up. More so up than the proclaimed 27 people a year killed by fatigued driving.

SAFETY my ###. More like MONEY.

The ATA is trying to wash the owner operator out of the industry because they hurt the MEGA carriers.

Also, Paper logs allow me to go further out of the way to catch a load too. Im gonna get set up here with a good carrier an uncle of mine works for. Fingers crossed. They need some good runners since majority of their fleet is controlled by the government.

I sleep when I want. Whoever want's to cry about it can do it to their Mama.

Coffey, Marmon man, Timin770 and 3 others Thank this.
  7. Intothesunset

Apr 15, 2019
    truck
    What type of work? Van, bull rack, tanker?

RollsOverEveryHillLast Thanks this.
  8. RollsOverEveryHillLast

Jan 1, 2017
    Chiraq, Killinois
    Apparently these guys out of Plymouth MI have a pretty decent account running autoparts from Chicago railyards to allover Michigan. They have a van division but they said since I live in Chicago it might be a good run for me.

A few guys on the rail side I talked to said they only run JB hunt chassis & 53'ft dry boxes. Almost always premounted and It's overnight work so no traffic atleast at the start of the run.

Often for loads going to Detroit they have drivers drop the load at their yard and have one of their city drivers deliver it.

Still keeping my eyes open but I'd like getting home a lot. Running the hell out of my logbook M-F and get home to fix whatever fell apart on me !

Intothesunset Thanks this.
  9. Intothesunset

Apr 15, 2019
    truck
    I'm working out of Dundee area. But not in Chicago much unless I park the truck to drive home in Michigan.

RollsOverEveryHillLast Thanks this.
  10. RollsOverEveryHillLast

Jan 1, 2017
    Chiraq, Killinois
    Nice. I live in Schaumburg off right off of Roselle Rd. I really liked Dundee until I realised GATS Guns was a rip off!

What's your deal man? That cabover in your profile pic yours?

11. Intothesunset

Apr 15, 2019
    truck
    You live in the same town as my boss. Or you are my boss?? I just have a fetish for old truck particularly cabovers right now.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.