Eld repeal, odds?

Discussion in 'ELD Forum | Questions, Answers and Reviews' started by Andystrans, Oct 27, 2019.

1. Andystrans

Andystrans Light Load Member

Dec 28, 2018
    rachi Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Tall Mike

Tall Mike Road Train Member

Aug 20, 2014
    New York
    As long as the megas are on board with elds they aren’t going anywhere..
    I feel bad for you people that are on them, they along with HOS, are a joke.

Oxbow, WildTiger1990, snowwy and 4 others Thank this.
  4. Andystrans

Andystrans Light Load Member

Dec 28, 2018
    That really sucks, speaking from personal experience. I burnt my brakes coming down the grape vine once trying to beat the eld clock last year. So glad I’m running papers again. It’s not that I’m trying to be some super trucker or outlaw trucker. But I run a 1 ton pickup and really hate having to take a 10hr reset when I’m a hr or so from home. If I feel tired I pull over and rest, but if I’m being honest I could never sleep the full 10 hrs anyways.

rachi, Coffey and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  5. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    I'm going with "Never in a million years" for $500 Alex.

6. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Actually data states fatalities are up. That's all that says. It doesn't take into account miles traveled, and without that number it's impossible to know if rate of wrecks are actually up or simply more wrecks total. Per Million miles traveled is the only accurate way to measure. If trucks travel an addition 20% more miles this year then last, but only 10% more wrecks then the wrecks are actually less.

That said, to answer your question the chance is right at 0%.

peterd, PE_T, WildTiger1990 and 5 others Thank this.
  7. runningman0661

runningman0661 Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Clover, South Carolina
  8. stayinback

stayinback Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2014
    chicago,il
    Hey- Some folks are making noise- Thats all I can say.
    Maybe,Just maybe 1 day in this country that is supposed to be "Free", Money wont be the Evil making the laws.

Me Personally, Im on Paper and Im getting close to Done- BUT, You certainly will have my vote to Repeal Those Ridiculous Things.

I don't care what any of you Pro-ELD users say- IT ADDS STRESS to an already stressful day.

You Folks are Adults that should be taking Public responsibility on 100%, Making Your own Decisions on safety- Not a Computer telling you how your days going to go- Simple as that.

At least thats how I was Raised to Handle things.

rachi, clausland, Coffey and 5 others Thank this.
  9. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Maybe one day these so called Freedom loving people will stop killing others from falling asleep while trying to make even more money.

And don't give me you are safe. Maybe you are, but as a group the more HOS is enforced the better the safety. This has been proven in multiple studies. I'm sorry you prefer to kill other for more money, but as a society it's better to limit such activities. If we as a group are not adult enough to do that, then well, like all children the actual adult acting people had to step in.

We have no one to blame but ourselves.

peterd, MIT, homeskillet and 3 others Thank this.
  10. stayinback

stayinback Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2014
    chicago,il
    I Think you are Way out of line making a statement like that-
    if you honestly think MOST of us that Frown Upon the ELD is about making more money and killing people, Your Out of your mind.

Please Don't Insult us as a group like that

XxdiggitxX, rachi, clausland and 11 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.