Flat screen mounting?

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by moosc, Nov 20, 2010.

1. animalangel1

animalangel1 Bobtail Member

Dec 11, 2010
    Fulton County, New York
    Trying to post a shot of the front of the install of the flat screen..... thought maybe a separate post might work.

Hmm.... tried uploading one at a time and it keeps "failing". Not sure how to fix it...... It doesn't tell me what the actual problem is. The photos are all the same size so since the one posted, shouldn't they all post??? :biggrin_2556:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. animalangel1

Dec 11, 2010
    Fulton County, New York
    Ok.. I went and cropped it and here it is - the front of the TV as attached to the wall of the cabinet in the cab. The TV actually lays flat against the wall with this swing attachment.

TV in truck and pets 002.jpg

4. CommDriver

CommDriver Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2006
    Wow, thanks for coming back to post the pics. That looks like a sturdy mount and I see how the holes were drilled into the side. Looks like an excellent setup.

I'm hoping to do something like that in the next truck, without the drilling of course. I'm looking looking at all suggestions and those that have already been mentioned here. Though, at least I know from as many as have posted, that I don't need the elaborate shock absorption mounting solution I had in my previous truck. Apparently, most of these LCD's can withstand the constant vibration and bumps of being in motion constantly. There was some question about that when everyone started moving to flat screens at the time tv reception went digital.

I have seen enough drivers with the mounts directly on the wall, attached to plywood, and as pictured here. And I haven't heard anyone say their screen has gone out yet.

Thanks again for coming back with the pics. I really like the input and it helps everyone get an idea of what you are talking about.

Kylactous579 and animalangel1 Thank this.
  5. DirtyDirt

DirtyDirt Bobtail Member

Jan 9, 2011
    CA

Thats awesome, I was rooting around in my truck looking for a spot to mount my tv cause Im tired of moving it back and forth from the bunk to cubby hole. I checked BEst buy buy couldnt find the mount you have.

6. Jolsen

Jolsen Heavy Load Member

Mar 6, 2010
    East of the big crick
    I have a 24" flat screen in my century. Here is how I mounted it.
    With it mounted in this same way in my current truck without the plywood you see in these pictures. The bottom shelf actually has 2 holes in it that I ran my bolts though. I can swing my tv to where ever I want and still maintain a cubby hole to hide stuff. I am now in my own truck and could drill into the cab nits but chose to not make any holes via the setup you see above.

I got the metal rails from home depot and some bolts from there also. I got the full motion mount from target. but I have seen them in best buy walmart ect. any other questions feel free to pm me. have had this setup in my trucks for a few years now and love it.

CommDriver Thanks this.
  7. animalangel1

Dec 11, 2010
    Fulton County, New York
    DirtyDirt - perhaps they were out of them when you were there. I think we took the last one when we picked up ours. Apparently it's not something they stock a lot of. You could ask them to order one for you or maybe even get one at Best Buy on line. Or like Jolson said - maybe Walmart might have one. You could also try Amazon.com because they have great deals on just about anything you can think of!!!

Jolson - question - if you don't drill into the truck, how do you get the metal rails to stay where you want them???

8. Jolsen

Jolsen Heavy Load Member

Mar 6, 2010
    East of the big crick
    there is existing holes from the mold where they made the shelves for the century. So I put my bolts though those. As you can see in the newer pictures below I took pipe insulation and padded the edges of the cabinet as extra protection for my cheep $200 tv (best buy on sale still hell of alot cheaper then the truckstops for way smaller tvs and mine is 1080p). Also you can see the holes I put the bolts though. And don't be afraid to grab the carpet out of those cabinets its not glued in its attached to a cardboard cutout. So just grab it out and stick the bolts in from the top and then you can see what I did from there
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 10, 2011
    CommDriver Thanks this.
  9. animalangel1

Dec 11, 2010
    Fulton County, New York
    Huh! My husband has a Volvo.... I never looked to see if there were any holes from when they made the molds. I will have to look into that because maybe I can fashion some shelving for him too. All his "extraneous" stuff (food, clothes, etc.) are just piled up on the top bunk. It's a mess..... :biggrin_2559:

Kylactous579 Thanks this.
  10. Jolsen

Jolsen Heavy Load Member

Mar 6, 2010
    East of the big crick
    You have to get anything solid off that bunk for him. if he were in an accident heaven forbid. all that stuff can and will become flying projectiles. Just think 60mph can of soup to the back of the head. What alot of solo drivers do is they get the colapsable loadbar. Its about $35 at most truckstops. And put it across the top bunk. Then they get rubbermade containers to keep stuff in and put them on the top bunk with the loadbar high enough on the wall to keep those things from ever going forward. Some even take it the extra step of putting a cargo net over the whole works

Desperado1 Thanks this.
  11. animalangel1

Dec 11, 2010
    Fulton County, New York
    There is a big cargo net over the top bunk - he uses that. It's attached to the back wall and he attaches it to the very front of the bunk so I covers everything. I can check on the collapsible load bar though as an added precaution. Thanks for the heads up!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.