Gaming for truckers

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by TROOPER to TRUCKER, Aug 23, 2016.

1. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    I had to play with the compatibility settings to get Heroes of Might and Magic 5 to run.

646D7590-EF80-484B-80F3-5869072B3EBD.jpeg

TravR1 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. aramil248

aramil248 Road Train Member

Jan 16, 2017
    Maine
    If it's on GoG. It might run better. Because they often have older games running on modern hardware

4. MACK E-6

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    That’s where I got it.

Now riddle me this.

I’m noticing with some games that tweaks to settings like this that get it to run, sometimes when you try to run it again without changing anything it will crash.

5. MACK E-6

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
  6. MACK E-6

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Ok, for those who use emulators, Retroarch is probably the worst creation imaginable. It crashes more than Amazon trucks.

7. Taker11

Taker11 Bobtail Member

Nov 26, 2023
    Michigan
    I have a ps5 with a 32 inch 4k smart monitor, play the finals every night lol, also I use t-mobile home internet on 5g network for 55$ a month i take it with me everywhere i go, almost no lag and if it did happen it would after like a bunch of games for a few seconds but very very rare. I have a very powerful desktop at home i really want to take it with me but I have no idea how that would work, how to keep it steady from all the road bumps and stuff, it gets really bumpy alot of times.

8. TravR1

TravR1 Road Train Member

Nov 9, 2017
    TX
    I've been pretty burned out of MMOs for the last decade or so. But I'm liking what I have seen from RIOT's new MMO they have been working on. The world is called Runterra, from the lore they've created and enhanced over the last 15 years or so.

RIOT makes free to play games and they've done well staying clear of that pay-to-win crap. They have a lot of unique, original content and ideas. Elves, paladins, archers... they don't do any of that.

The game is speculated by RIOT to be released 2026, October.

I don't really get into cartoony, silly games very often. I prefer more realism with human characters... like Cyberpunk, Kingdom Come Deliverance, The Witcher, etc. But for whatever reason, I got on board... and I really like it. It's crazy fun.

Here's a good video that shows the world (it's already finished) and explains a lot of the lore.

The World of Riot's MMO is Already Done (youtube.com)

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.