Greentree logistics

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by jobrian69, Jul 20, 2017.

1. superflow

superflow Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2014
    I have about as much sympathy as they would for me.
    Everybody is different some drivers might sit around and wait for them to get their equipment back on the road .
    ....i guess
    .... Either way , this is NOT a good position for any driver to be in
    We can't stress enough how important it is to do the company back ground checks before even giving the trucking company a phone call.
    Why waste time & job history on garbage trucking outfits?

JimmyWells Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JimmyWells

JimmyWells Road Train Member

Apr 7, 2016
    Exactly. They'll be doing one on the applicant. A two way street only makes sense. Nobody will look out for you better than you.

4. U.S. Otriad

U.S. Otriad Light Load Member

Jun 4, 2017
    I find the OP's story a little challenging to accept at face value. All of their trucks (maybe 60, though SAFER indicates a hundred or so), are 2017 or newer rigs leased from Penske directly. 2019's will be replacing those (mine already) fleetwide by end-of-year.
    They are a mix of Volvo's, Freightshakers, Pete's and a Kenworth or two.
    Penske does all maintenance/repair and anytime I've needed anything, a replacement loaner was/is ALWAYS available ASAP; part of the arrangement between Greentree and Penske.
    There is RUMOR that the OP is the young guy that got sideways nerve wise on a two stop run into Philly and claimed he needed to get truck to Penske. Once at Penske, they said it would be the next day before they could thoroughly check his complaint and offered him a 2018 Pete to use. He declined that offer, saying he had an emergency at home, and then never came back.
    With almost two decades of experience, I've been here almost 6 months after A LOT of due diligence and vetting of companies, big and small.
    No cameras, no incessant beeping of "Collision Mitigation System", etc... we are governed at 65mph.
    We stay east of the Mississippi River usually. We have 1800w inverters and are clean idle certified without APUs. Company policy is if you are hot, idle for A/C, if you are cold, idle for heat - period.
    My truck is auto now, which took a little time to get used to; the reverse sucks in autos, in my opinion.
    Anyway, just wanted to chime in and add a little factual clarity.

Jonrulerofearth and REO6205 Thank this.
  5. sevenmph

sevenmph Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Pinellas county Florida
    And now we know the rest of the story.

Lonesome Thanks this.
  6. Lab work

Lab work Medium Load Member

Apr 20, 2018
    USA
    That happens all the time. I get a load to New York and I refuse it because I have no sticker for NY. Now I am thinking I can get a different load. Instead they give me a different truck with a sticker already on it. Just can't win.

7. The Nomad

The Nomad Bobtail Member

Jul 10, 2017
    The Road
  8. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    Hard to watch that video.

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.