Had Enough, Going Local

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by BigHossVolvo, Mar 18, 2021.

1. uncleal13

uncleal13 Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Humboldt, Sk
    Sad part was it wasn’t much better than this photo, other than it was paved.

Ol'Shusquatch and not4hire Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BigHossVolvo

BigHossVolvo Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2016
    Calgary, Alberta
    I want to quit posting about it, but the voices won't let me.....*twitch*

4. Magoo1968

Magoo1968 Road Train Member

Mar 18, 2021
    St Malo mb
    They did me a favour 24 years ago when they refused me . I only had 2 years experience accident and ticket free. Had I went there I would’ve thought that’s what trucking is about and left the industry.

5. BigHossVolvo

Dec 15, 2016
    Calgary, Alberta
    Exactly, the only reason I kept going in trucking, is my Dad drove. So I knew it had to be better than them, I had seen it first hand.

I give thanks TransX, H&R, CPX\Versacold, Day and Ross and Gardwine never called me back, anyone of those would have ended me for sure. I could have REALLY done without the 2 months at Heyl tho.....that was worse than a year at Bison....

Canadianhauler21 Thanks this.
  6. '88K100

'88K100 Road Train Member

Aug 23, 2020
    I know numerous O/O at Gardewine who have been there for decades. Was harassing one this am. “ if you want the front door herd those oncoming tools into their own #### lane,,,what a night,,,he could barely get the sobs to dim their lights; it really sucks out here

Last edited: Mar 24, 2021
  7. mudflap77

mudflap77 Heavy Load Member

Oct 11, 2010
    South western Ontario
    Lol. I talked to them in 2010 when life took a change. My driving experience from the age of 18 to 23, drove full time pulling refer, tanker and flat(mostly superB and 4 axles). Then for 9 years I drove part time hauling equipment (a lot being oversized) while apprenticing and working as a mechanic.
    They told me I didn't have enough recent experience to pull a dry van and would have to drive with a trainer for 6 months. I asked how many how many years experience is needed to be trainer. If I remember correctly the answer was 3 months after completing the 6 month training or equivalent experience. While laughing I confirmed "so you want some with 9 months experience to train some with 14 years experience?"

8. '88K100

'88K100 Road Train Member

Aug 23, 2020
    You ever approach ERB?

Oh say it not so. Bison on edge of town. We getting a little spring weather
    upload_2021-3-24_15-10-23.jpeg

9. BigHossVolvo

Dec 15, 2016
    Calgary, Alberta
    Yea, if you were there O/O before Mullen took over, life is good. Company post Mullen is basically Bison.

Farmtractor9900 Thanks this.
  10. BigHossVolvo

Dec 15, 2016
    Calgary, Alberta
    This right here, basically sums them up in a nutshell. So Corporate it hurts, "I don't use my brain because I have a computer, my computer says its right/wrong and that's all that matters".

Any yes, you can go from getting your license, to being an ICI (Trainer) in 12 months with them now. I also know some absolute disasters who were DFP's around my time, that shouldn't have been able to drive a taxi, are now ICI's.

11. Ol'Shusquatch

Ol'Shusquatch Light Load Member

Jul 8, 2019
    BC Interior
    Interesting that Mullen is seldom mentioned. Probably because their tentacles reach out in so many other directions and identities, which have names on the door.
    They just announced a deal to takeover APPS, so another logo to add.

Murray Mullen at least deserves credit for his business acumen. It is a far cry from just "Mullen Trucking" in the 1980's. However, I would not say that as a driver I would relish participating in the program.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.