HELP! HELP! HELP!Ifta Audit/Rand McNally

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by BriMc, Mar 25, 2021.

1. BriMc

BriMc Bobtail Member

Jul 7, 2020
    I just heard from my auditor TODAY! So almost 3 months in (from notice) 2 months from sending all of my stuff in! But she told me she was also working on other audits as well and things coming up in between! Because obviously she’s a person with real life problems also! I told her I know she’s got a lot on her hands because I only have one to deal with! Lol Luckily she was super nice and we cut up a little bit! Right now I’m filing out closing conference forms..I’ve been a nervous wreck for 3 months and although I feel a little relief I’m still nervous as I read there’s a 30 day gap for other jurisdictions to audit! eeeek! And this crazzzzy gps questionnaire that makes me feel (dumb)(I’m still not over that) oh and btw for everyone else that helped with my original post.. rand mcnally support is a joke!!! Big joke!!

Mattflat362 and Jaebo74 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BriMc

BriMc Bobtail Member

Jul 7, 2020
    How did it go for you Matt??

Mattflat362 Thanks this.
  4. BriMc

BriMc Bobtail Member

Jul 7, 2020
    NAVSTER are you getting audited twice? I saw where you were asking about audits in dec? If you don’t mind my asking!

Edit! Just thought about it! If you had been through 2 then you’d know how long it takes right?lol I’m crazy:rolleyes:

Last edited: May 3, 2021
  5. Mattflat362

Mattflat362 Road Train Member

Feb 18, 2015
    Avon Lake, Ohio
    No word back yet...

BriMc Thanks this.
  6. Mattflat362

Mattflat362 Road Train Member

Feb 18, 2015
    Avon Lake, Ohio
    OK mine is all done they owed me. I have no idea how much and haven't received anything and that was a few weeks ago.

Snailexpress Thanks this.
  7. IFTA RecordKeeping Pros

IFTA RecordKeeping Pros Bobtail Member

Jul 17, 2021
    To survive an audit, your distance and fuel records must contain all the required information. Did you know that "Pre-Paid" receipts are not accepted and you will not get credit for any fuel purchases you reported that are not supported by a valid receipt. For distance, you must keep odometer readings and routes of travel. However, you won't get "dinged" for not having routes. But you WILL get assessed additional taxes if you don't maintain odometer readings. The KEY is... Make sure you are keeping adequate records and make sure you keep all the records that support whatever you filed, for at least 4 years.

8. IFTA RecordKeeping Pros

IFTA RecordKeeping Pros Bobtail Member

Jul 17, 2021
    Audits can take up to 4 months... give or take a month.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.