I NEED ADVICE

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by NewbieTrucker86, Dec 6, 2017.

1. NewbieTrucker86

NewbieTrucker86 Bobtail Member

Dec 6, 2017
    I sure will and thanks.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. NewbieTrucker86

Dec 6, 2017
    I was told that the truck was ready to go. I turned in the slip for it to be fixed and and signed off on it,when it was time to go, they could not locate the slip to show me what they did to fix it, so I was unable to sign off on it again to agree that they had fixed it.

4. NewbieTrucker86

Dec 6, 2017
    I was told that because Im currently on Workers Compensation through my employer, that I could not file a third party lawsuit.

5. HalpinUout

HalpinUout Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Wore out tire but you still decided to drive it. How fast were you going?

Dan.S, ladr and Toomanybikes Thank this.
  6. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    You should have a thousand blank slips behind your seat, fill another and hand it to the person claiming they aint got nothing. They will have something. Repeat until you run out of paper, then go get more. I have buried managers in pti forms. Its clear that the shop is not interested in fixing that truck for you to drive safely today.

Im not sure about what you mean by tipping, did you roll the #### thing? Or that defect you failed to get the shop fixed finally rolled it on you. Usually a rollover is a gigantic preventable.

You are never unable to do anything unless you are somehow in a induced coma in the ER or trauma bay. Doing nothing is a active choice too. Keep that in mind. What I have also done in the past is simply refuse to drive that tractor. It will sit there in the shop. I would absolutely go home on my own money until they have a truck. If not? Then I go claim unemployment and find someone else to work for (With documented truck shop situation and name names with people involved and dates and times etc.) and bring copies of your PTI and logs etc. Plus the green book of regulations showing you must certify a truck without defects.

Joetro Thanks this.
  7. NewbieTrucker86

Dec 6, 2017
    I apologize. I forgot to mention the breaks having an issue as far as being hard as a rock and pushing the pedal would set off the oil pressure light and the abs light. Why? I have no clue.
    I was taking an exit on a off ramp. On the crash report it shows I was going 60 in a 70... it later showed me going 3 miles an hour on the off ramp.
    Exit 251 on I-81N in Virginia.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  8. HalpinUout

Oct 2, 2011
    What are you talking about? SMH

9. NewbieTrucker86

Dec 6, 2017
    ...."HalpinUout"...I have the slightest idea... he has completely lost me.

HalpinUout Thanks this.
  10. HalpinUout

Oct 2, 2011
    I agree. Lost me as well.

11. Wooly Rhino

Wooly Rhino Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Liberty, Missouri
    Anyone can file a lawsuit for any reason. You may not win but....

Defective Equipment means someone or something other then yourself had something to do with your accident. The company you work for is responsible for providing you with a safe vehicle. If they gave you one that was unsafe and you wrecked because of it then your company and whatever company made the part that was defective are liable for the wreck. Workman's Comp limits what you can get for your injuries but it does not stop you from suing. The company is liable for more then your personal injuries.

pattyj Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.