Looking For Shop That Does Engine Swaps

Discussion in 'Heavy Duty Diesel Truck Mechanics Forum' started by broadsword, Jan 21, 2022.

1. broadsword

broadsword Bobtail Member

Apr 14, 2013
    I will for sure. I think I may just keep looking for a '99 ish T-600 with 3406e 18 speed mid roof bunk. Will be cheaper than an engine/trans swap. I'm not sure if I want to spend the time AND money trying to get a 386 glider, which IS EXACTLY what I would prefer. Thank you for the response

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. broadsword

Apr 14, 2013
    Just looked them up. WOW! Looks like first class all the way!

4. istumped

istumped Medium Load Member

Feb 8, 2015
    Gonna be cheaper and easier to FIND something you want than the headache of a swap. Unless you do everything yourself. Find it slowly rebuild it as the checkbook allows. Keep 1st truck as spare unit 2nd truck is done or down.

broadsword Thanks this.
  5. broadsword

Apr 14, 2013
    I had that thought, and it is a good one. There are definitely pros and cons to both. I have until fall to buy, but am looking mainly on facebook everyday trying to gauge this crazy market. It's a huge tease to find one that I would definitely buy, but carrying an extra payment before any extra income from the truck doesn't seem like the best use of money. I appreciate the response. I am open to any ideas.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.