Major eld failure ?

Discussion in 'ELD Forum | Questions, Answers and Reviews' started by Andystrans, Nov 3, 2019.

1. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    I’m running my KT from an iPad on the lastest iOS update and have zero issues. But mine has been an ELD since I bought it in January. I never ran it as an AOBRD.

Talked to an old coworker today and their Omnitracs is working fine in the trucks but the office can’t see their location. He was excited to run paper for a few days but no luck.

x1Heavy and bzinger Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Andystrans

Andystrans Light Load Member

Dec 28, 2018
    All right, half way there. Just 4 more days lol. Not sure why I care because I’m on papers but using a exemption so would be nice to see the mandate repealed. Was going to make a trip to CA last week and decided not to. Glad I didn’t with all the fires going on rn.

D.Tibbitt and Dave_in_AZ Thank this.
  4. mem

mem Light Load Member

Sep 25, 2015
    Our QC just reset and appears to be working now. Correct date, gps working again, got the 8 hour rest break back.

Has me on drive line for 40 hours, but the wife's shows sleeper for 40 so she's got a fresh 70.

LoSt_AgAiN and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  5. Charlie Best

Charlie Best Light Load Member

Jul 8, 2019
    Iowa
    Apparently a lot of the backend info could have been lost too, because the dates showing on people's back-office app were showing the most recent date as the year 2000. So, maybe it could be totally gone

D.Tibbitt and Brandt Thank this.
  6. Charlie Best

Jul 8, 2019
    Iowa
    I'd keep a paper log just in case. There are officers who will cite you for even having incorrect locations, even though it's not your fault. Better to be safe and spend an extra five minutes writing on paper than out a few hundred bucks.

D.Tibbitt and bzinger Thank this.
  7. Charlie Best

Jul 8, 2019
    Iowa
    Solid chance you might need a new ELD ready to go if it's not fixed in the next four days. I had qualcomm a few years back, switched from that to KeepTruckin, then finally now on DriveELD for the last few months as an o/o. Driveeld has definitely been my favorite so far.

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  8. tinytim

tinytim Road Train Member

Oct 29, 2007
    Northern Ontario
    Then we finally have that shutdown everyone keeps calling for. ;)

If as many are affected as the following suggests you can be sure they will make an exception to the 8 day rule if it's not resolved by then.

Large fleets, including industry leaders Knight-Swift Transportation Holdings Inc. (NYSE: KNX), which has 23,000 tractors and 77,000 trailers, and Schneider National Inc. (NYSE: SNDR), which has 14,000 trucks and 48,000 trailers, reportedly told their drivers to use paper logs to record their miles driven and time driving, according to freightbrokerlive.com.

D.Tibbitt, x1Heavy, Dave_in_AZ and 2 others Thank this.
  9. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Wot? papers only 8 days then we all stop the whole #### Country?

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  10. Powder Joints

Powder Joints Subjective Prognosticator

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    Just a couple of thoughts, first it is required that all trucks carry a paper logbook. It is also required that you know how to fill it out.
    Hmm, that kind of takes care of both issues.
    If you as a driver are to dumb to make sure you know how to do your job, then maybe you should not be driving a truck to start with.

11. Powder Joints

Powder Joints Subjective Prognosticator

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    This is why I email my logs to myself at the end of the day.

D.Tibbitt and x1Heavy Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.