Need help please!!

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by shaggychan, May 24, 2020.

1. Meteorgray

Meteorgray Heavy Load Member

Jan 1, 2016
    I've been very happy with a combo generic-name SWR and Watts-out meter. It cost around 30 bucks as I recall, and with it I can tune the antenna and tell how many watts the radio and/or amp is/are outputting. It's certainly accurate enough for most folks who don't need to spend a few hundred $bucks on meters rated for heavy use by pros.

Night Stalker10 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Night Stalker10

Night Stalker10 Road Train Member

Jun 26, 2017
    A simple $30-$40 swr/power meter can tell you a lot about your radio and antenna system. Not everyone is going to have a buddy sitting at the same truck stop that you are at. Plus a friend can't tell you if you have a radio or an antenna problem just by trying to talk to you. I guess I'm a visual type of person. I like to see what's happening by using some sort of test equipment. I believe anyone who is serious about radio, needs some sort of tool, even if it's a cheap tool like a truck stop meter.

Meteorgray Thanks this.
  4. craig_sez

craig_sez Road Train Member

Sep 5, 2013
    novascotia,Canada
    Oh i agree you should have something if your serious..Its my gut that tells me its just a casual interest which is why i suggested a buddy down the road kinda deal..
    If so then whats in the radio is fine and the buddy in the lot or down the street will do..

If op plans on goin deeper,look into some decient gear rite off the bad vs cheap now and better later,cause your spending $ twice..
    An ohm meter will suffice at the start..

Night Stalker10 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.