Need info on Oakley transportation

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Sapphire_Glitter, Oct 11, 2022.

1. Speed_Drums

Speed_Drums Road Train Member

Dec 26, 2014
    Indian River

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Loudstacks

Loudstacks Light Load Member

Feb 29, 2020
    Florida
    they still require vaccination there, since Canada lifted Death Jab Requirements not too long ago?

4. Dave1837

Dave1837 Road Train Member

Nov 16, 2019
    Pennsylvania
    They never required it

5. Judge

Judge Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Arkansas

Easy way to learn.

Tadakatsu and Sapphire_Glitter Thank this.
  6. Sapphire_Glitter

Sapphire_Glitter Bobtail Member

Oct 16, 2021
    He was actually the first guy I started watching when I decided to get into tanker LOL, I almost ended up with prime but got saved from getting stuck with a trainer by being delayed a day because their recruiting lied to me and got caught

Plus for tanker now I see prime pays low

7. Kshaw0960

Kshaw0960 Road Train Member

Jun 17, 2018
    The northeast really isn’t bad I wouldn’t let that discourage you. Just plan the trip ahead with an atlas and you’re good to go. Thee signage is there for no truck roads or bridge heights and your driving a tanker anyway that is a shorter trailer with no swing and your truck height is low enough to fit under almost everything. The only downside to northeast imo is lack of parking but if you aren’t picky you can get creative.

8. Sapphire_Glitter

Sapphire_Glitter Bobtail Member

Oct 16, 2021

Every time I've tried to do that in the northeast I've ended up having law enforcement knock on my cab and make me move or someone else finding it out that it's private property. I pretty well gave up parking anywhere but a truck stop.

Not like Utah, Wyoming or many of the western states where if it's off the interstate and your truck isn't blocking something you can park.

Plus I noticed I end up with a much larger weekly paycheck when I'm driving in the western US or Midwest, lowest pay was California and the northeast. Just a different quality of job

In California I usually try to have a full clock so I can get in and out of the state, and with the northeast i try to park early then run my full clock to get out the next day. The only reason I don't like those places is because it takes a lot of special practices to do either and make money off of your norm

Tadakatsu and Gearjammin' Penguin Thank this.
  9. satisfied621

satisfied621 Bobtail Member

May 27, 2014

10. satisfied621

satisfied621 Bobtail Member

May 27, 2014
    Your Right! I went there for their training and it was an aweful experience and I have unloaded hundreds of tankers in my past and they failed me. What a joke! They sent me home after 2 weeks of training and I have unloaded hundreds of hazmat tankers!

11. insipidtoast

insipidtoast Heavy Load Member

Nov 22, 2016
    Planet Earth
    wtf?!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.