No CDL Yet

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by flatlined, Oct 5, 2018.

1. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    We had a multimillion mile driver with FFE, has his picture on a honor wall etc all of that.

You wont believe it if I told you one day FFE was on the front page of National Wide newspapers where one of their Presidents Fleet Petes had it's entire front end chopped off by a train at the firewall and lost it's entire forward engine and front axle section of the cab. In Arizona at a lonely rail crossing in a absolute middle of no where.

Anything is possible. You have to either like trucking or hate it. There is no inbetween. I'll die a trucker, and feel pretty happy that we managed to get away with doing it in life. It's not easy. If I needed to do it again, I would do so instantly with a few specific situations and discard the rest such as live grocery dock work etc.

There are times where it's really fun to be trucking. If the weather is good and you just put away Kit Carson with Texas pending, sun is coming down, stars are out, engine is running in the sweet spot and it's time to let her run it can be really fulfilling for lack of a better word. Unlike the chumps trapped in a cubicle farm back east micromanaged by a blizzard of thou shalt not do memos etc.

Puppage and kanidana Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tuckerthe trucker

tuckerthe trucker Bobtail Member

Oct 5, 2018

4. tuckerthe trucker

tuckerthe trucker Bobtail Member

Oct 5, 2018
    If your brand new go through prime ... I mean being a new trucker is hard enough but Prime has more to offer Student drivers... I never worked for them but I have a friend that trains drivers OTR and he knows his stuff. Great guy and from what he tells me that's the best way for student drivers. We both attended FTA out of asheboro NC future truckers of America and we went through to work for PAM .. It was alright but teaming just sucks unless you got a friend you can stand to live with for a month.

5. Kyle G.

Kyle G. Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2016
    Eastern Iowa
    No offense x1, but this post is chocked full of exaggerations and misinformation. “Weeks if not months trying to get hired on?” What century are you in? As long as the op has a good employment record, no criminal history, no drug or alcohol problems, then just about any one of the megas would hire him tomorrow.

No one needs to wash dishes to save up for trucking school. Plenty of people hop on the bus to orientation without a dime to their name. I’m not saying it’s easy, but as long as you use your head and a little determination, you’ll be fine.

It’s truck driving, not rocket science. Good luck to the op.

6. flatlined

flatlined Bobtail Member

Oct 5, 2018
    Hey thank you all for the suggestions. After digging around a bit more I found a company that fits my wants and needs. I know nowhere is going to be perfect and what’s good for me may not be good for the next person. But I’m excited to get my start!

bullhaulerswife, Kyle G. and Chinatown Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.