ONE20 F ELD

Discussion in 'ELD Forum | Questions, Answers and Reviews' started by 1johnb, Sep 9, 2017.

1. stayinback

stayinback Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2014
    chicago,il
    Eggs-Ackley

Sittin in Hancock at the PA/MD Line the other day shootin' the #### with a Schneider national owner-op.
    talkin shop about the ELD's.............

Mega's are tired of losing the competitive edge on quality Spot market freight to the independents and small carriers..He even admitted it.

Welp, If it goes into effect come dec- Its open season then- They wanna cry about fair- We Independents are so gonna do whatever it takes to to put a dent in their contract customer base-

Wanna play that way?- Were Game too- We'll Just try and take your customers little by little

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DUNE-T

DUNE-T Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Detroit, MI
    I just wonder who's idea was to make the deadline Dec 17 and not March-April in the slow freight season

4. Pedigreed Bulldog

Pedigreed Bulldog Road Train Member

May 7, 2011
    Funny thing, though, is that all they had to do was admit they were wrong to move to elogs and switch back to paper and they could have regained whatever ground they had lost. Would've been quicker, cheaper, and easier than the expense of lobbying government to force a bad business decision onto the entire industry. However, that would've meant admitting to a mistake and they weren't about to go down THAT road. Wonder how much money the share-holders lost to lobbyists and bribes to bureaucrats in order for those CEO's to save face?

Timin770 Thanks this.
  5. DUNE-T

DUNE-T Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Detroit, MI
    Nah, if I had drivers, I would also want the elogs, so they don't run around getting tickets and messing up the company's safety score

6. stayinback

stayinback Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2014
    chicago,il
    Surely A lot.
    You Demand legal operation then,With disciplinary actions if your drivers don't comply-

See,You fit right in with the Mega and ATA mentality with a statement like that.......

EZ Money Thanks this.
  7. OLDSKOOLERnWV

OLDSKOOLERnWV Captain Redbeard

Nov 29, 2011
    West Virginia
    Wife and I had a chat in person with a man I get lots of my loads from the other day. During our talk he ask... what year is your truck? 1995 I replied. So you won't be effected by this new thing they are pushing? Nope at least not for now.
    He grinned real big and nodded, GOOD he said, Now why he said that I'm not sure but, gives one something to think about.

Timin770 and stayinback Thank this.
  8. mhyn

mhyn Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Northridge, CA
    soon we will see ads like hiring o/o with pre-2000 MY trucks ..

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
    Timin770 and DUNE-T Thank this.
  9. Dieselboss

Dieselboss Technology Contributor

Feb 19, 2009
    DieselBoss.com
    This is not entirely accurate. For instance, Omnitracs "auto-deletes" all logs that are older than 6 months. If you don't save them as PDF's or print them, they are gone. You do have to still save them SOMEWHERE in SOME shape of form as your driver-certified HOS logs for 6 months. That rule has not changed.

10. Sheaffertrucking

Sheaffertrucking Bobtail Member

Dec 20, 2017
    Got mine in November, had lots of issues and things not working. Not legal, was using an iPhone 5
    Quit using until Dec 17thand now have a new iPhone 8, it is even worse now. completely does not do what the FMCSA requires.
    DO NOT buy this thing

11. superhill56

superhill56 Light Load Member

Jul 28, 2016
    Powdersville, SC
    ####. I just ordered mine. My broker through CHR sent me the link and a discount code so I thought it was legit.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.