OTR SPLIT SEATING WHILE UNDER COVID RESTRICTIONS

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by antoinefinch, Mar 1, 2021.

1. GoneButNotForgotten

GoneButNotForgotten Heavy Load Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Roxboro, N.C.
    One of two things have to happen to make your life better:
    • You complain to your company about the situation and they remedy it to your satisfaction
    • You move on to another company
    You pick your poison

sevenmph and antoinefinch Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. againstthewind

againstthewind Road Train Member

Oct 26, 2012
    the good news is Muslim terrorist threats and mass shootings are a thing of the past, covid sure scared them off lol

4. jmz

jmz Road Train Member

Mar 9, 2018
    Great Plains
    I can guarantee you that almost no company is doing that. I work in LTL and slipseat with the same driver every day. Each truck has been equipped with paper towels and bleach water for the driver to disinfect the truck before use.

Demanding your own truck (that will sit empty half the week) or insisting someone else clean it (when you can do it yourself) is ridiculous and a waste of money.

5. '88K100

'88K100 Road Train Member

Aug 23, 2020
    I have always sanitized interior for decades . I’m on line haul and just assume day shift spent the day horking and wheezing and picking boogers. Now I charge the company 1/2 hour every day my wiping down interior

6. PureLeafTea

PureLeafTea Light Load Member

Mar 21, 2013
    If you’re that worried find another job. It’s not up to the company or anyone else IMO to make sure you’re 100% protected. I think cleaning between each is a little much for them to pay for. I could see if it was your assigned truck and cleaning it for the next driver, but slip seating I think you guys have to work it out. Do you use public toilets? Probably more risk there. Don’t like the situation don’t do it. Just like masks. Your mask is for you. Leave me out of it. You wear one to protect you from covid. My face has nothing to do with it.

Facts are these 99.997% survival rate. .002% death rate. 1-5% of cases require hospitalization. Then look at you. Are you high risk? Obese? Any other problems?

Here is what I would do. Carry Clorox wipes. Wipe down all the surfaces commonly touched then go on about my life. Use common sense like wash your hands. Don’t touch your mouth, rub your eyes, etc. These of course are things you should do anyway. I was doing all this before covid. Covid would only be on surfaces. Maybe in the air but for how long really? Open all the windows for 5 minutes if you’re that worried. Then it comes down to the other drivers. Clean up your own garbage. Don’t be a pig. Etc.

Fact is there are a lot more dangerous things out here than covid and if you’re that worried work for someone that doesn’t slip seat. You want your cake and to eat it. Life doesn’t work like that.

stanleyds88 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.