Pickup pay

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by ruckusftlc, Sep 24, 2020.

1. TravR1

TravR1 Road Train Member

Nov 9, 2017
    TX
    I am lucky to be dedicated to such a good customer. They will always load us early if needed. They let us stay the night on their property as long as locals don't make noise complaints because of our reefer. They rarely hold us longer than half an hour. And I get 30.00 for 40 minutes of labor. If I didn't have a CDL, I would only get about 12 an hour to do that same work.

If you have a chance to work on a dedicated fleet, take it. You have the chance to work with your customer regularly and learn what they like and what they don't like. Over the long term, it makes things easier because you know what to expect.

The rare occasions I can't stay the night, they always come out to the truck like, "I'm sorry, I'm sorry..." then I just laugh and say "don't worry about it, bro." Sometimes they will give us snacks, gatorades, let us use their coffee machine, etc.

The point is, they will take care of you if you are dedicated to them, in general I think. Out of a hundred pick up locations nationwide, there are only a couple I don't like picking up at.

Dockbumper Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.