Posting For Good and Bad Brokers

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by khenders, Oct 30, 2007.

1. Epmtrucks

Epmtrucks Medium Load Member

Mar 31, 2013
    For the last 4 years I have found the best , but not all, brokers on DAT. They will boot the unithical ones. Kinda like pre pass does when a companies safety rating gets " compromised"

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. stocktonhauler

stocktonhauler Medium Load Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Stockton, C
    If a broker doesn't pay in 30 days, report this to the loadboard if you got it from them, then let OOIDA process the bond filing for you.

4. minndat

minndat Bobtail Member

Apr 2, 2013
    Davis Logistics out of Shakopee, MN. MC# 531959. The owner is crazy, did a load for him in January and still hasn't paid me. Tell me after 3 months that shipper never paid him, so he said I am not going to pay you. And said a lot of mean, very mean things to me, even tho we are the victim here. Funny how that works,ha?

KB3MMX Thanks this.
  5. Epmtrucks

Epmtrucks Medium Load Member

Mar 31, 2013
    Put a banner on the rear of your trailer and run when you are in his lanes.

6. Autocar

Autocar Road Train Member

Apr 28, 2012
    The Hot Rod Shop Oxford, AL
    Did you do a proper credit check and verification on him? Or, did you just let the money, offered, sway your decision?

7. flintstone9

flintstone9 Bobtail Member

Apr 21, 2013
    Nolan Transportation Group - Marrietta Ga. I have had trouble getting paid. They indicated that I didn't give them a POD. When I showed them that I did and they admitted they had it. They never told accounting. Accounting told me that it was unfortunate that I hadn't called them. After lying to me four times and pushing them, they finally cut the check last week, so they say. Called again and they said they hold checks for a week or more before they are signed and then longer before they are mailed. It will be over sixty day if we get paid.

8. bailey7158

bailey7158 Bobtail Member

Apr 23, 2013
    So, im a broker in the dallas area, wouldn't say brand new to the trade but new enough. I have had pretty good luck with suppliers and with carriers as of late. not producing enough yet to cover all the over head but well on my way. THE QUESTION, is simple. I keep finding and reading EVERYWHERE, that brokers are thieves and suck and ect........SO, WHY IS THE REPUTATION SO BAD. I bid on the higher end to the suppliers so that I can pay the working man a good rate to move the freight, and if the supplier try's to give me a crappy load, or low balls me, I wont take it. now maybe this is why im not covering the overhead yet, but at the same time I REFUSE to screw around my driver's! I was in construction for 13 years so I know what its like to be under paid, work long hours, get treated like less than a human, and try to stay sane while provide for the family. IS IT THE BIG COMPANIES THAT ARE GIVING US A BAD NAME, OR WHAT? I am confused on why the opinion is what it is. maybe someone can help clear it up for me?

9. VisionLogistics

VisionLogistics Road Train Member

Dec 8, 2011
    Jellystone
    Because many brokers have earned the rep as being shady, or outright crooks. If you're not trying to squeeze every possible nickel from the carriers, but instead you are sharing the profit fairly, that's a good start. I have a couple that will know their acceptable rate threshhold and if they get a bid that allows them to meet said threshhold, they take it. No countering, no games like "I'll log your offer and let you know", and especially NO LIES about the number of picks, drops, DH mileage, weight, etc. It's hard to find agents like that, but they do exist. What has it earned them? The best of the best carriers always ready to run for them. No problem ever finding trucks, which means not having to post loads on the boards, make 200 calls a day, or listen to grumpy truckers. They realize that the savings alone pays for a good portion of what they "give" to the load rate to make it appealing.

If you break trust with a carrier, it'll damage your business tremendously- because as you might know, drivers love to talk, and if they've been wronged, they'll tell every other driver at the lunch counter all about it.

Good luck to you. If you're here asking, it shows that you at least care enough to try to avoid the pitfalls.

rollin coal Thanks this.
  10. VIAJERO1A

VIAJERO1A Light Load Member

Jul 30, 2012
    I Have been reading this thread and curiously, it seems that so far, everyone post about the BAD brokers, but not one is willing to post about the GOOD ones. We are a selfish bunch aren't we?

11. VisionLogistics

VisionLogistics Road Train Member

Dec 8, 2011
    Jellystone
    I have posted several times in the past about good experiences. It's unfair to label my last post as selfish when I was simply responding to a question about bad brokers.

:biggrin_25517:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.