PrePass Issues - Lane Straddle

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Sara3394, May 3, 2010.

1. last 1

last 1 Medium Load Member

Nov 29, 2009
    I run in and out of Co weekly and never have a problem with my prepass, I usually get a green light ( I have the highest safety rating one can have) but a few weeks ago I got 3 red lights in a row (n/b monument, s/b monument than s/b raton) all with in 2 days so I called prepass and gave them my info and they looked up my acct and said I was just getting lucky and hitting the randoms. When I got in to Wy I'm always going in thru one of the smaller houses with out a prepass so can't help much on that end. If you call prepass and give them your info they can be very helpful, there is also a way to set up an online acct so you can look and see why you got a red light.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. outerspacehillbilly

outerspacehillbilly "Instigator of the Legend"

May 28, 2009
    The Who's Your State
    Yeah that really pisses me off when those jack donkeys like to cut you off just before the prepass sensors. Although I usually laugh cause they normally get pulled in and I get a green and roll right by them and let them know that I think they are #1.

4. broncrider

broncrider Road Train Member

well im going to DS school in june....that good enuf for you?
    i perposely aviod any and all AT's....just too much dumbshite...LOL

dont mention the deployment thing....havent been since 04, and im in no hurry to get a combat patch

5. Okieron

Okieron Crusty Okie

Dec 23, 2009
    muskogee, ok
    I had one that because the trailer was dog legging so bad and when I got different trailer it went away.

6. ironpony

ironpony Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    Hmmm... my carrier is plated in MO (go figure!) and I never seem to have a problem in WY or CO. I usually get pulled in once a year to check my cab card and IFTA tax receipt in CO. Same when I do something like pull through Alpine or Kemmerer in WY.

Always get pulled in to weigh when some hotshot passes me and pulls into the lane just before the sensors.

7. notarps4me

notarps4me Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
    Once you get that patch it never comes off. They make you take the American flag off, but the combat patch remains for the rest of your service. Really adds to the look of the uniform. Esp when one of the dumbshites that outranks you doesn't have one and when they get stupid you keep looking at their right shoulder and they seem to squirm a bit..:biggrin_25522:

8. broncrider

broncrider Road Train Member

flag is permently part of the uniform now.....and alot of guys i know that can wear them, wont (due to the unit they went with)

that DS patch will look cool though

9. 2fuzy

2fuzy Road Train Member

Jun 19, 2008
    Granite Canon,WY
    any scale in particular?

10. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    Yeah, I understand your concern. Caution is always appropriate.

Hmmm, sharp, tack, Now I KNOW I can do something with this. I just have to think about it a bit. After all, I'm not quite as sharp as a tack. More like an old, rusty, bent nail.:biggrin_25519:

11. MUSTANGGT

MUSTANGGT Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2009
    Georgia
    I have always wondered why I never get the green light in NC. Obviously I am not alone, for I never see anyone else get it either, with the exception of FedEx.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.