Prospective trainee here wth violations.

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by GTPablo, Feb 28, 2018.

1. GTPablo

GTPablo Bobtail Member

Feb 28, 2018
    That was a Uturn in NYC Broklyn one tyres just rode the sidewalk a little I was not like driving on the sidewalk for a period of time guess the cop was in a bad mood
    4/11/15 Uturn prohibited 2 Points
    4/11/15 Improper driving on sidewalk 2 points

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ArcticWolves

ArcticWolves Light Load Member

Sep 6, 2014
    USA
    In my honest opinion I would wait till September 16, 2018. Having that Handsfree ticket is not a good thing and it's much better to not have to put down any violations down when you're filling out applications. Please do not check your phone for a text or e-mail while driving a truck. If the other companies told you to wait till April then go ahead with them but honestly just easier not having to put them down.

Also consider yourself doing the hiring. Would you want to hire you? Why wouldn't or Why would you want to? Answer those questions and make a commitment to yourself to never get those or any violations again. You're going to be a professional driver and so there's a lot more expected out of Class A drivers. It looks like you're doing good but to have to put all those down on an application doesn't look good.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
  4. Woodchuck88

Woodchuck88 Medium Load Member

Jan 4, 2017
    New York
    Please wait until you can correctly maneuver a car down the road, before hauling a 80k freight train down the highway that I drive everyday.

austinmike Thanks this.
  5. Express12$

Express12$ Medium Load Member

Mar 11, 2017
    Have you tried CRST?

6. IluvCATS

IluvCATS Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2014
    Seattle, WA
    Swift said no? Why.

7. GTPablo

GTPablo Bobtail Member

Feb 28, 2018
    I am in CDL school right now graduating in April so i'll wait.

8. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    No. You will find that insurance risk is determined by your record. The companies have told you a particular amount of violations limited to three years or less is something you have to sit home so to speak. Once that time has passed in April your ability to be more hireable increases.

Two ticket in particular bothers me, the driving while suspended (Usually only a 60 day period or so for the first suspension, the second offense is usually a revocation. Which for a CDL is totally fatal. The other is handheld devices.

I don't know if you are aware the fines are thousands of dollars if you are caught with a hand device. Particularly when previous videos have shown drivers refusing to let go of theirs while the tractor and trailer exploded around them hurting people and breaking property. They will not let go of that thing which was the cause of it.

You will also learn that in a big truck there are tons of electronics in there waiting to wake you up every 15 minutes for a make work safety message when you are supposed to get your rest for example. You need to be able to sleep at any time. Technology will fight against you.

If you have that much trouble in a car, It's not time yet to be in a Semi. No offense. Things have become non tolerant out there in the trucking industry for wild people with a semi. If you don't care for the law in your own personal vehicle, how I can I expect you to respect my tractor trailer and load respecting many more laws. Some of which will put ME out of business because YOU had a dustup...

follow me?

Im not your enemy or opponet. Lord knows my driving record was a stack that smelled too once upon a time.

I just have to be sort of heavy so you do not get really bad and sloppy until one day you kill a family in a 4 wheeler somewhere.

9. GTPablo

GTPablo Bobtail Member

Feb 28, 2018

I do appreciate your harsh critique and have changed a lot in the last two years as you can see no speeding tickets, accidents because I am usually driving a little less than the speed limit. Prior to 2015 It was not that bad either but it definitely a wake up call for me.

10. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I appreciate your taking the time to do well.

I was pretty bad myself on the verge of Revocation due to a stack of speeding tickets among other big truck problems early in my time. I managed to clean that up, only cost me three years or so running a dump truck. In those days it was a work around to DAC that was seriously prohibiting my employ with OTR trucking. Now, those years were not a liability as the Paving outfit became a high point of my work due to the people I was with then. Some have passed on since.

Don't think my words harsh. I don't know how to be.. delicate. I only know what to say which sometimes hurts feelings or does damage. But ya know, even this will go away for you in a couple years it will all be a bad memory best forgotten as you improve in your trucking. And Improve you will. You have been getting better these last two years, don't quit now.

11. GTPablo

GTPablo Bobtail Member

Feb 28, 2018
    Thanks

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.