Rate increase??

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by murat, Apr 9, 2018.

1. Gumper

Gumper Road Train Member

Jan 7, 2018
    Butte, MT
    Certainly not my state.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    I hate to really even say what the reefer freight pays going down there because I know there's a 1,000 wannabes that will read that getting starry eyed over "$3 a mile riches". They have no ####ing idea, especially if they're unfortunate enough to be hooked to van, how that really ain't #### to a deadhole.

spyder7723, Hurst and Tug Toy Thank this.
  4. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    I had a feeling PA was hot. My company keeps sending me up there. I've been running to PA at least once per week

Tug Toy Thanks this.
  5. Gunnerluv

Gunnerluv Bobtail Member

Feb 5, 2015
    Same state. I am in Billings.

Tug Toy and spyder7723 Thank this.
  6. Brettj3876

Brettj3876 Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Land of local
    do you come home empty? My dads in the process of reinstating is #s and getting me on the insurance. Gonna work the bugs out of the 2000 vision he paid 10k cash for. Other mack is paid off and he's gonna buy 2 used dry vans in cash.

Hey for what it is leased on a company and avg 4.20-4.40 mi plus all tolls and not stingy with fsc. You how fast tolls can add up. My dads avg last yr was 2.18 on all mi. A LOT of it went to the city.

Anyways my dads good buds with one of the crown cork workers in nichols ny by house and were gonna haul direct for them and ch will keep us loaded on return trip.

Do you have your own #s? Or who you leased to. If you got your own I can point you in the right way. Lots of light van loads under 15k. We even pull for Frito lay @JPenn knows Nealon pulls quite a bit out

Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
  7. Hurst

Hurst Registered Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Tampa, Fl

Agreed. If I wasn't thirsty and horney, I'd still be rolling anywhere except Fla.

They say you pay for the weather here. Sure as #### isn't any money to be made in Fla unless you have a business. You won't get it working for someone else.

Hurst

stwik, rollin coal and Tug Toy Thank this.
  8. Gumper

Gumper Road Train Member

Jan 7, 2018
    Butte, MT
    Well I need to be hauling your stuff then

Gunnerluv Thanks this.
  9. Brettj3876

Brettj3876 Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Land of local
    @windsmith who are you leased to if you don't mind me asking?

10. whoopNride

whoopNride Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Miss.
    He is a lumper in NYC.

11. Hurst

Hurst Registered Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Tampa, Fl

I can almost guarantee this thread alone will provoke at least 200 - 300+ people who come across it on google and convince them that now is a good time to pull the trigger and buy a truck.

Only to discover when they dont know where to find the loads other than loadboards that most of that will get snatched up early with nothing but crumbs for the slow bird and they will end up chasing miles going from one gross rate to another and barely average $1.60mi after all the dead heading they do.

I was just as dumb when I first started booking my own loads. Everyone will go through a learning curve. I am lucky enough that I had a carrier to fall back on who actually helped me and helped me to understand what I was doing wrong.

I'm still learning and picking up on the where and how that most people do not know about in this business. And I hate to be selfish,.. but its good that we keep secrets from each other,.. or at least out of the public eye.

Hurst

spyder7723 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.