Rates

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by KaRsr, Jun 1, 2022.

1. abyliks

abyliks Road Train Member

May 2, 2010
    ludlow MA
    Some states require dot numbers, some do not for that size

you do not need authority for dirt but you do need to make sure the truck is commercially insured

Also as a 7.3 idi owner, I’m calling bull on 30k unless it’s all down hill…

bumper Jack Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. KaRsr

KaRsr Bobtail Member

Jun 1, 2022
    Not down hill but not pulling hills either. Pretty level right in our immediate area. But I do have scale tickets somewhere around here that shows it cause I was surprised when I seen the scale meter where I unload the cars at. There is a picture of the truck with the car hauler hooked up. Those are smaller cars in that picture but was still up over 24000 gross. The lightest I have been with 3 cars has been 24500 gross.

Attached Files:

4. Oxbow

Oxbow Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2015
    Idaho
    In regard to authority, it sounds like it will be all intrastate, so no MC number required regardless. In our state un processed gravel/dirt and ag materials are all exempt. It would probably pay to check on intrastate regulations in your state.

Jammer' and bumper Jack Thank this.
  5. LTL Bull

LTL Bull Road Train Member

Mar 12, 2020
    Where would one find that info. If I could run that dump with no MC or DOT numbers hauling gravel or dirt for joe blow public I could make a killing

Oxbow Thanks this.
  6. Oxbow

Oxbow Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2015
    Idaho
    I believe you would still need to have US DOT number, just no authority. I would check with your home state.

LTL Bull Thanks this.
  7. abyliks

abyliks Road Train Member

May 2, 2010
    ludlow MA
    Check with the state, MA just started mandating DOT numbers a few years ago, could run 99,000 in state with just a commercial plate and no dot numbers before that

LTL Bull and Oxbow Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.